Vulture B.1 ---- (RAF B-58 Hustler), 1/72 **FINISHED PICS PG 14**

Started by TheChronicOne, July 02, 2018, 02:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

OK!  So, now I've gotten my camera to talk to my computer again....    Here's the stuff before I got started:

Haven't done anything today but I most likely will here pretty soon.
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

For some reason I find that colour plastic brings on loads of nostalgia  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AS.12

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 07, 2018, 02:20:22 AM
For some reason I find that colour plastic brings on loads of nostalgia  :thumbsup:

Oh yes!  Usually with globs of glue seeping out between joints.  At least until I discovered the Contacta needle-dispenser.

NARSES2

Ah the joys of the origional tube glue  ;D At least when building bi-planes you could do the rigging at the same time as the basic assembly  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Wow, this month is going by fast...

I'm finally working on this again. I'm trying to get a good number of the tedious things out of the way, and to that end, I started painting the gear and have finished painting the interior pieces aside from the inside of the fuselage halves:

Next I'll give the same treatment to the insides of the fuselage halves then I can glue all this stuff together, or, start working on engines or something.

Eventually I'll have to decide how to address anything that may or may not be hanging from the wings and the pod or.. nuke.. or.. something.
:mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 22, 2018, 06:41:24 PM
Wow, this month is going by fast...

Sign of getting old mate  ;D  ;)

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Some more work has been done on this project. Having a lot of fun with this one so far!  :lol: :lol:   

So, all that interior jive from last picture post has been gloss coated. Since it is pre painted and I've no plastic-to-plastic adhesion potential, making the gluing surfaces of this stuff gloss instead of flat acrylic means it actually stays glued.

In addition, I've painted the detail work on the insides of the fuselage halves in the cockpits.

Not much else has been going on, but, I have clipped out and filed/sanded smooth some of the engine parts:

Here's the best part.. I was wondering about how to address the clear parts and I have found a solution that will not only work extremely well, but is copacetic to being lazy as piss.  ;D  I'll explain it better when I actually get to it, but, one hint is that half of the upper paint job will simply be the grey primer I'm already going to spray on it so if I place my camo correctly I can mask in a certain way as to leave the entire front end of this thing masked, rather than each window pane (or some other method.) 

Beyond this, looking at the sprues, I'm starting to get down to the wee parts so I better figure out just what they are and make a plan.  :mellow:

Still nothing solid on a name, still leaning toward "Viceroy."

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Copacetic?
:banghead:

Please don't use words I have to look up...

;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Given it's US origin, "Virginia" is probably a better name.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 29, 2018, 02:19:17 AM
Given it's US origin, "Virginia" is probably a better name.

Which maintains a link to Britain, as the British American colony of Virginia was named in honour of Queen Elizabeth (I), the "Virgin Queen".
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Vermont ? If you don't want to reuse Virgina as a name ?

TheChronicOne

This is why I'm lettin' y'all name the thing. (sorta)   ;D  Virginia is good.

I'm re-visiting "Vanquish" as an option, as well. I've used it once before but I realize that shouldn't disqualify it to be used again. It fits in well with the rest of the Vbomber names.

-Sprues McDuck-

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*