Vulture B.1 ---- (RAF B-58 Hustler), 1/72 **FINISHED PICS PG 14**

Started by TheChronicOne, July 02, 2018, 02:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

I have so many build going I'll likely only be able to manage one. Last GB I barely even finished my single build because of the same reason. So, since, I'll just do one, I'll do a "BIGGER" one and go for a bomber.

I don't know if I'll make any modifications.......  canards perhaps? Just a scheme swap, basically. Light grey underside and green and grey camo upper side. Should be a hoot!!!

As far as I know, I have everything I need. I might have to order in some transfers but I really doubt it. I'll have to go through my stash to find what I need but if I can get by without stealing them from a kit, that would be nifty.

First thing I'll do is get rid of this janky box and find something better to store it in. Not sure when I'll get started, though, but I'd like to get after it pretty quick here... at least start on it, so that I don't get behind.

Good thing is, even knowing nothing about the kit, it should be something that goes together pretty easily, yeah? We shall see!  :thumbsup:

EDIT:  All done!  Check out the pictures on page 14 (maybe 15).
-Sprues McDuck-

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Dizzyfugu

You could hang a Blue Steel ASM under its belly? Not certain how short-legged the B-58 would become, though...

scooter

Needs a "V" name for British service... :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Vulcan.
Victor.
Valiant.
Vengeance? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

nighthunter

Viceroy?
Vagabond?
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

crudebuteffective

vindicator is the name of the bombers in the book of thunderball
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

tigercat

steelpillow

English Electric/BAC studied a wide range of space launchers in the 1960s, including composite spaceplanes. One of these was a B-58 used as a carrier aircraft, with a conventional (ie wingless) M 20 rocket slung under its belly. The rocket comprised a cylindrical second stage with a tapered fairing on which the orbital re-entry capsule sat, and was about 75% as long and so fat it almost scraped the ground. The drawing number is EAG 4405. Their remit covered a wide range of applications, so an ICBM launcher would not be unreasonable. In fact it would be rather more practical as the rocket need only be sub-orbital.
Would look great in RAF service >cough<

Cheers.

TheChronicOne

Aye.... I had given a wee bit of thought about the name and I was thinking along the same lines... that it needs a V name. I was also thinking about the rest of the designation. They would likely call it something else like a B.5 or some crap, right?? Not a "B-58" I'm sure.

A nuke would be interesting.... I was contemplating that, also, and doing away with the pod thing. I'd have to find one, though. I'm not going to build one myself. That might take a bit of doing but I'm sure they exist. Hell I have a 1/72 scud missile and patriot missile set so I'm sure there are some nukes out there.  ;D

EDIT: Dizzy mentioned Blue Steel, I'll look into that, as well. Thanks!   All I know is some sort of big missile or rocket or whatever down there would be really cool. I was also sort of wondering how nice it might look sitting there with NOTHING underneath it. I'm so used to seeing this with the pod. 

-Sprues McDuck-

sandiego89

I didn't know there was a 1/72 kit of the TB (extra glass for the trainer) version.  Neat. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

TheChronicOne

Quote from: sandiego89 on July 02, 2018, 05:58:10 PM
I didn't know there was a 1/72 kit of the TB (extra glass for the trainer) version.  Neat. 

Yeah, it's pretty slick! I wanted to build it OOB but the transfers are trashed. At that moment, it became whif fodder and I'm not tore up about it one little bit.  :wacko: :wacko:

-Sprues McDuck-