Vulture B.1 ---- (RAF B-58 Hustler), 1/72 **FINISHED PICS PG 14**

Started by TheChronicOne, July 02, 2018, 02:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Building the main gear.

I've also applied filler on the bottom and some on the top around the ill-fitting canopies. I'll start sanding this jive in a day or two. I've a couple little "thingies" still to glue on the main gear but then they'll be done.

:mellow:

It's looking like I won't be having time problems with this one. I feel like I have some breathing room now and even if the rest takes awhile I should be able to complete it by the deadline.  :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

The Wooksta!

I hope that u/c is just plugged in, because with the judicious sanding that's going to need you really don't want the u/c in the way.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

TheChronicOne

We're good; wings ain't glued on yet.  :mellow: :mellow: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

The Wooksta!

You're still going to have to deal with the wing join and that looks to be tricky.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

TheChronicOne

Looks are deceiving; all I did was loosely mock this stuff up for pictures. To date, the butting surfaces of the wings to fuselage are actually one of the high points of the kit.  :mellow: :mellow: 

This ain't my first rodeo.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Most PSR on fuselage is done so I glued on the nose and forward cockpit canopy and windscreen. I'll probably add a little glue and do some sanding then I'll proceed with the nose gear and wings and stuff. Won't be long before I prime it and start painting.

Still looking pretty good on time. It's hell running this landscaping business this time of year, though, so no guarantees. I keep making grand plans to get boat loads of build work done only to sit in my chair exhausted and being lazy.  ;D  Also, every time I say I think I'm getting close to being done with something, I discover some little detail I want to do or wind up obsessing over making things "accurate" and "perfect." I'm going to try to avoid this malarkey this time.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

steelpillow

Looking good.
That fuselage looks as if you could give it a kind of sculpted-down wing, basically just chines over the fuselage junction and then curving out to include the flaps at the back. Engines in a row along the underside at the back. One mean spaceplane!
Cheers.

zenrat

I'm picturing that fuselage with Concorde wings...

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Thank you.

I was have some similar thoughts as you fellers. I was thinking of picking one up in 1/144 and scale o rama it into a fighter jet. I don't have enough skill to do it properly...  you know.. it would need new engine placement, likely twin engines and of course we now would need intakes and body work etc etc and I'm just not good enough to do it. So, mine would be very simple but, still, it would be fun to try.

But uhhh... what I mean is... these are great ideas, so yous guys get busy building them!  ;D ;D ;D

I wish I had a ton of these things. The imagination starts to run wild and its all such good looking stuff. I definitely think the Hustler is in the top 5 of most visually appealing planes. Has to be!! It's in mine, anyway. Hell, might even be number one.

Found a image of one with no dangly bits:

-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Brad, the only way the develop the skills is to bite the bullet & do the build!

Personally, I think you'll be surprised at just what skills you actually do have. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

If a 1/144 Hustler finds it's way to my stash, I'll make a go of it. They seem to be pretty hard to find! I found ONE on a popular auction site and have bid on it, we'll see how it goes.

I'd also like to try to make the proposed "airliner" version which has passengers loaded into the pod.  :o ;D   PAN AMERICAN or some such.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

OK! Update time.

I've been working to smooth things out up around all the cockpits. It's "tight" in there so I can't just get crazy with sand paper or sanding sticks because of all the masked winders in the way. So, it's taking awhile and I'm probably not doing a very good job.  ;D   That's no mind, it'll be fine by the end of it all but it's a bit time consuming to say the least.

I've gone as far as I can go without priming it to reveal the next round of things to fix, though. I could get lucky and it's all OK but I doubt that. So, next up will be to go ahead and glue on the wings and nose gear then prime it. Depending on how motivated I am and how distracted this could be accomplished by this evening. We'll see.  ;D

OH YEAH, funny story time. I posted a couple pictures of this on a group elsewhere and some tool came running to "snitch" on me to the group owner because he doesn't like my "fictional" stuff. At first I was pissed but by time all was said and done I thought it was all hilarious and it ended with him calling me the "c-word" saying "f me" and telling me my builds were "s-word."  ;D ;D   By that point I was laughing and thought it very funny that this dude was so pissed at my stupid crappy airplane.  ;D ;D   

This has been a really FUN project.  :laugh:
-Sprues McDuck-

steelpillow

;D
You should snitch on him right back, for swearing at you, just to see what happens.  :wacko:
Cheers.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: steelpillow on August 27, 2018, 01:57:20 PM
;D
You should snitch on him right back, for swearing at you, just to see what happens.  :wacko:

Oh, I didn't even have to! Part of his snitching on my "fictional" build brought the admin guy right to the thread and by the finish he ended up deleting all the comments and closing down commenting.  ;D ;D    It was a hoot, ol' boy was steamed as hell. I nitpicked his rebuttals to death in true button pushing form and the more irate he became the more funny I thought everything was and what's funniest of all is the Hustler is still sitting there.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

I have a plane!!!  I have a plane!!!  :laugh: :wub: :wub:

I even primed it!

All the main stuff is now together. I primed it and will go back through for a second round to make sure everything is "good" but it looks pretty decent as is, to my astonishment! So, the engines and plane are both together, PSRed, and primed. This bodes very well for the deadline and my tendencies to become massively lazy. Even if I become distracted by numerous things over the next weeks I should still have time to finish this.  ;D

-Sprues McDuck-