Vulture B.1 ---- (RAF B-58 Hustler), 1/72 **FINISHED PICS PG 14**

Started by TheChronicOne, July 02, 2018, 02:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Thanks, Dan!!!  I've been facing a bit of wall getting going on this one for some reason. I got everything ready to paint then.....  didn't feel like painting.

I'm started, now, though. It's easier to keep going once started. I have all kinds of nifty things planned for the rest of the paint including some NMF...   :mellow: :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

steelpillow

Yes, there does seem to be a "modeller's block" similar to the feared writer's block.

So glad you got over it, really looking good.  :thumbsup:
Cheers.

DogfighterZen

That also happens to me a lot, something ready for paint and i just get lazy and it sits around gathering dust for a couple of weeks... :banghead:
But you've pulled out of it very well, indeed, that camo looks great! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Thank ye, kindly.

I've not been feeling all too well lately but I finally motivated myself enough to sit down and do bunch of masking and more painting. Touch up and laying down more of the color in between the masking so the next color doesn't bleed. All the stuff I'm masking now is to be painted black. Some of it would have been transfers but since they're trashed I've no choice but to paint it.

Speaking of transfers, I STILL haven't even made the least attempt at finding some.. I hope this doesn't bite me in the azz later... 

Oh!! I almost forgot, I also managed to finish all the PSR on the engines and have re-primed them and they are now ready for masking and paint. Also painted the nose wheels black. Every little bit helps..

Getting there..    The deadline is creeping up on me, now, however. I hope I can stick with it. Back when I started this I thought I had all the time in the world but life has a funny way of interefering wit' me builds!!!!    :angry: :angry: :angry:   ;D    :lol: :thumbsup:

EDIT: At this angle I can't help but think how cool this might look with MiG-21-esque tailplanes......   :unsure:
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

From that angle she looks awesome! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Wait till the engines are on!  Muahaahahaha..  It's going to be awesome. I think the engines are going to be a hilite of the build because of the way I'm trying to paint them. Something about podded J 79s...     I want to stick a bunch on an airliner so bad. . . ..    ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

steelpillow

Quote from: TheChronicOne on September 16, 2018, 07:54:31 PM
At this angle I can't help but think how cool this might look with MiG-21-esque tailplanes......   :unsure:

Or canards from a 1:144 scale Valkyrie.  :lol:
Cheers.

steelpillow

or a 3-surface design with both...  :wacko:
Cheers.

TheChronicOne

Hustler S/MTD!!   

Relevant artworks:

Also, here's some nifty artwork, from the period, back when style mattered in the armed forces of the United States:

-Sprues McDuck-

steelpillow

Cheers.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

It does!! I remember that day well, and the moment I heard we had declared war or whatever and had officially transitioned from "Shield" to "Storm."

Plans for today?  All about this Hustler. I have a bit of black to paint before I have to removing the masking then do a little bit more masking for curves and corners then the black stuff should be done. After that I'll be fixing up the gear and gear bays and looking for small odds and ends to paint like nav lights and little widgits and nobs. 
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

A lot more painting has been done. It's all the more tedious side of the painting. Engine pods and detail things. I'm close to being able to gloss the plane itself, though. Just a little more touch up. I did some today. In fact, I may be done with it, but I feel safer going back over everything again to make sure.

Otherwise, the engine pods have had the camo paint and the light grey underside paint finished. Next I'll mask it all off and paint gloss black on the rear sections to in turn paint those NMF.

That's about it. I still need to find the transfers. I think I'll take a look at my stash tomorrow and see what I can dig up. This late in the game it's too late to order something in so I'll just have to make-do.

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on September 20, 2018, 08:56:19 PM
A lot more painting has been done. It's all the more tedious side of the painting. Engine pods and detail things. I'm close to being able to gloss the plane itself, though. Just a little more touch up. I did some today. In fact, I may be done with it, but I feel safer going back over everything again to make sure.

Otherwise, the engine pods have had the camo paint and the light grey underside paint finished. Next I'll mask it all off and paint gloss black on the rear sections to in turn paint those NMF.

That's about it. I still need to find the transfers. I think I'll take a look at my stash tomorrow and see what I can dig up. This late in the game it's too late to order something in so I'll just have to make-do.

I find brush painting camo very therapeutic.  I just become one with the brush and relax right into it...
...man.
;D

My dope smoking period never overlapped with model building so I don't know if it would have affected or enhanced things WRT paint jobs.  Possibly I might have got sucked into more complex camo schemes?
I do know I was no good at video games if i'd knocked the edges off the day with doobie or two.  I was also even more inclined to give in to my bone idle nature and do nothing but veg out in front of the idiots lantern.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on September 21, 2018, 03:53:13 AM
My dope smoking period never overlapped with model building so I don't know if it would have affected or enhanced things WRT paint jobs.  Possibly I might have got sucked into more complex camo schemes?
I do know I was no good at video games if i'd knocked the edges off the day with doobie or two.  I was also even more inclined to give in to my bone idle nature and do nothing but veg out in front of the idiots lantern.

I think you'd probably end up going with easier schemes instead... like boring, overall grey schemes...  :wacko: ;D
I find it very relaxing to burn a fat one when i sit at the bench, it normally happens at the end of that day so, helps to chill out, play with plastic and research stuff... but that might also explain why i take so long to finish the models... :rolleyes:
But hey, when i was 7/8 years old, i didn't smoke and never did finish a single model back then so i guess it's not affecting me in a bad way...  :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"