Vulture B.1 ---- (RAF B-58 Hustler), 1/72 **FINISHED PICS PG 14**

Started by TheChronicOne, July 02, 2018, 02:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

The Brad abides, and imbibes.

I sometimes find myself losing focus or becoming a bit burned out. I fire me up a fat boy and it makes me more motivated. Same thing at work. I'll sit down in my mobile office and fire one up and suddenly I'm hauling arse, getting tons of work done and cutting glorious perfect edges in yards, etc. 9 times out of 10 it has a motivating "let's get busy" effect on me. Not to say I haven't fallen victim to zombification, it's just that it's rare and usually in conjunction with something else like having worked 12 hours in the heat.  ;D

Also, I have that ADD or ADDHD stuff so anything that calms me the hell down and focuses me and gets me on task is a good thing so I'll often have a few drags on my reefer before I do something like set decals (especially if there is a billion of them!! man, thank god for chronic it got me through that Sea Eagle build lol ) or paint. Also, problems become more funny and less infuriating. Vertical stabilizer literally flies out the window and tumbles two stories into the mud?  LOLZ!  instead of   :angry: :angry: :angry:        ;D   

Yes I'm the same way with painting the camo, usually I have the same happen...  kind of go into a zen state and it's pretty relaxing and fun. I can't say that happened on this one, for some reason. I think I may have been getting a bit too used to masking and spraying everything. That's about all I have been doing lately. For some reason I wasn't looking forward to painting it. Weird.  One problem I have is I'm missing some paint brushes.... not that I had them to begin with, but I need a few more synthetic brushes that are larger/wider. Painting a bigazz spread of paint with dinky brushes is not as fun and yields crappier results.

"Big Push" on this on tomorrow. Gloss early and find some transfers for it. I might order some in after all, if I get them somewhat locally and the person ships them out that day or the next they ought to get here in time with a day or two to spare and I suspect there will be an extension. I better hurry though...
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Little more painting has been done. I think it's ready for gloss now. Still need to mask the engines, however.

For now, here's this to contemplate for no good reason:

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

steelpillow

"This flight deck ain't big enough for both of us, kid."
Cheers.

TheChronicOne

Some computer game I do believe and I'd wager that it was done for S*** and giggles.  ;D ;D 

Pretty funny. And here's one random image that sort of ties in:

;D

Check out the tail hook.  ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

steelpillow

Oh, aren't the digital archaeologists of the future going to have fun sorting the real from the photoshopped!  :wacko:

Especially if their real counterparts dig up some of our whiffs.  ;D
Cheers.

TheChronicOne

Yeah, it's going to be a mess.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: steelpillow on September 24, 2018, 01:39:02 AM
Oh, aren't the digital archaeologists of the future going to have fun sorting the real from the photoshopped!  :wacko:

Today's 14 year old's (or at least a couple related to me) already are  :banghead: I am genuinely concerned about the teaching of history at schools today because of the amount of doctored crap that is on-line. And of course if it's on-line it must be true :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on September 23, 2018, 02:40:44 PM

The photographer's about to die horribly as the BUFF's starboard wing slices clean though the bridge structure and beheads him/her. Oh yes, the resulting explosion will probably sink the carrier and kill the entire crew as well.

How come we didn't hear about that, and how did the pic get published anyway?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

What you say is true, Kit, but it's a bleedin' awesome picture! ;D ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

steelpillow

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 24, 2018, 07:27:53 AM
Oh yes, the resulting explosion will probably sink the carrier and kill the entire crew as well.

How come we didn't hear about that, and how did the pic get published anyway?  :o

Because not only did the resulting explosion sink the carrier with the loss of all crew, but it happened in the Bermuda triangle. So the official news agencies wrote it off as a cheap fairy tale, while the silly season "investigators" filed it under alien spacecraft.  :banghead:  :wacko:
Cheers.

TheChronicOne

Something something "flat Earth" yadda yadda "Nibiru" etc.  ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

TheChronicOne

Alright! The paint work on the airplane itself is all done. I've glossed the top side and will gloss the bottom side here in a little while.

Also, the engines have been painted aside from the NMF parts. I've glossed them as well, then will need to mask then spray gloss black, then finally the fancy silvery paint.

Not much left.. I need to paint the engine exhaust pieces and the gear doors. An antenna thing for the nose but I'll paint it after it is attached.

I've also started to find the transfers I need. Good thing this isn't a huge aircraft. I mean... it's big for 1/72 I guess but it's really not THAT big... point being some WWII vintage Spitfire roundels wind up being the perfect size. Some of the ones that were on the wings of those Spitfires were pretty damn big so that works to my benefit and then the ones that go on the fuselage sides are perfect, too! Historically might not be "right," but I can't help it. I have to use what I have here.  :-\   It's probably too late to have some mailed in and I also am broke and can't aford to buy any anyway.  ;D     

What this means is I won't be able to put unit badging or anything too specific. The registration number will likely be very wrong. My saving grace is that this IS whif-world so it's not too far of a stretch to say that all that type of stuff is just as different in this "universe" as the plane itself. I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work but there's alway the one, "Oh, but, that registration would never be on a bomber!!!  :rolleyes:    "       ;D ;D ;D     Well, it's fictional after all....   :rolleyes: :rolleyes:   ;D   

Anyway...  enough bloviating. Sorry, no pictures. It doesn't look any different aside from being shiny and pics now would spoil the Glamour Shotz(TM).

My work pace has been sluggish of late so I'm hoping to be finish within 5-6 days but if I were to be highly motivated I could be done in two.  :unsure: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-