Miles Malvern B1

Started by 63cpe, July 04, 2018, 11:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

While I like to have a few builds on the go at once I do try to restrict the number of major kitbashing PSR hogs to one.
Not so our brave 63cpe.

This is looking fabulous Dave.  Can't wait for more.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Impressive build! lookinf forward to see it completed.  :thumbsup:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

tigercat

it looks like big brother of the one in Indiana Jones  ;D

63cpe

Thank you gentlemen! your comments are much appreciated!

Now update for today: Massive PSR on wings started (outer engines deleted) and basis for movable turrets (from airfix B-29) made. Also cutout bombaimers window, puttied the fuselage again and made fillets for wingroots.

She is big...
IMG_20180805_200230136 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20180805_200354299 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180805_200439152 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180805_200546318 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

The fillets as I like to save as much as possible on PSR...
IMG_20180805_205238776 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Cheers,
David aka 63CPE

Old Wombat

Not a great fan of flying wings but this looks really good. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'd like to see that nose & pregnant belly on a full-length, or only slightly shortened B-36 fuselage! ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Yebat!!  Nutty!!  Of course I dig it.  :mellow: :mellow:

As an aside, you could almost just paint the rims on those tires and they'd be like the weird SR-71 light colored ones.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 05, 2018, 06:29:51 PM

As an aside, you could almost just paint the rims on those tires and they'd be like the weird SR-71 light colored ones.  ;D

You wan't weird coloured tyres ? Look at WWI ones. My favorites are the pink ones  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 06, 2018, 07:25:43 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 05, 2018, 06:29:51 PM

You wan't weird coloured tyres ? Look at WWI ones. My favorites are the pink ones  :thumbsup:
Fascinating! And here I thought some of them WWI planes couldn't be any more gaudy. Of course, that's a large part of the appeal.
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Yup down to the rubber manufacturing technology of the time and in the German/Austrian cases shortage of materials as the war dragged on.

nighthunter

If you wanted to add rudders, then may I suggest, placing them at the old engine locations?
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

63cpe

yeah, I'm still not sure about putting rudders on it. But if so, i'll sure put them over the former outer engines.
Also not sure about shortening the wings a bit.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: 63cpe on August 06, 2018, 11:15:16 AM

Also not sure about shortening the wings a bit.

Oooooh no! Don't even THINK about it!  :o :o :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

63cpe

hahaha, I knew you'd say that!  :thumbsup: