Old Wombat

OK, just to get into the silliness (possible sensible alternative in brackets);

Westland What (Watt)

Westland Where (Wheare)

Westland Why (Wye)

Westland Whisk

Westland When / Wen [Pratchett reference]

Westland Wacker [ground attack version?]

Westland Warbucks [Annie/Little Orphan Annie comic strip reference, perhaps in the hope of US sales?]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

63cpe

Thanks you all gentlemen with some very interesting, funny and appropriate names.. considered all and funneled down to two options. But i'm still in doubt will it be Westland Wrangler (thanks Mossie) or the Westland Willet (Thanks Kit, enjoy your stay in the low countries!)

The wings are from a Horten 229.

Thank you all for you comments!

Cheers!
David

63cpe

Update: fuselage is assembled and puttied, cockpit is in, checked gun bays for size of cannons (2x 0.50 or 3x 0.30 per side will fit easily). Cut out the front wheel bay and assembled wings.

IMG_20180715_125607425 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

While checking this first picture I figured, I might as well leave it as is and make it a flying wing. So maybe i'll leave the tailbooms off. It looks very balancedas it is, see below.

IMG_20180715_160516227 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180715_160443694 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180715_160439467 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180715_160412601 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180715_160423820 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Maybe you agree with me, saves also a lot of time  :mellow: :lol:
Makes me move on faster than expected to the next project..

Enjoy your building!

David aka 63cpe

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Old Wombat

Interesting &, if you put your main gears back far enough, she'll be a nose-sitter, too! :thumbsup:

(With the engine weight so far back, booms would almost certainly make her a tail-sitter.)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

nighthunter

What I would do is add a tail ala XP-561
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

loupgarou

Facinating shape!  :thumbsup:
It's perfect as it is. Tails would break the harmony.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

I can't help thinking of the Dutch De Scheldt twin boom fighter project every time I look at it. I know it doesn't look like it, but there's just something that makes me think otherwise  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I was thinking the same.  Years ago I toyed with the idea of creating something similar with the gun pods from the Valom kit of the Bell Airacuda.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

63cpe

Ha Narses, Yes it sure looks like a De Schelde S21 especially in the first picture. But the twin booms are gone now and it'll be a flying wing.

Thanks Mossie, that's a great plan why was it shelved? How is the Valom airacuda? I'm still contemplating to buy one...

Cheers David (having a break after much PSR on a hot day....)

NARSES2

Quote from: 63cpe on July 21, 2018, 12:57:49 PM
How is the Valom airacuda? I'm still contemplating to buy one...

I've got one and have got no farther than looking at it in it's box and "handling" it. I think it will be hard work. Most of the early Vallom kits take a fair bit of work going by the couple I have built (they make great subjects), but I'm told the recent ones have improved. I'm currently looking at the Albatross.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

63cpe

Time for another update: PSR is done. Found a solution for main undercarriage by means of pods extending at the trailing edge. Vertical stabilisers will also be on the pods. The rough version is in the pictures, both have their tops sanded. Cockpit section was taped together.

IMG_20180804_202721554 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180804_202728548 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180804_202739079 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180804_202804514 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180804_202809277 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180804_202813645 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180804_202817487 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsonsspecial/albums/72157698701517875

Cheers,
David aka 63CPE

PR19_Kit

Looking better and better.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit