Westland-Fairey Rotocrane HC4

Started by PR19_Kit, July 10, 2018, 03:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

I've got the Noratlas landing gear installed into the Rotocrane now,, and it wasn't all that easy, but at least it's the correct height as the container needs to be clear of the ground of course. I've also got most of the rest of the decals in place, so it's just the wheels, door guns and a few odd and ends and it'll be done too.

A couple of evenings maybe?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Stupidly I've forgotten all about the rotor.  :banghead:

But as it spends some of its time as a helicopter it's a good idea that it has one, so I dived back in to PSRing the blades once more.

Time seems to have matured the superglue somewhat because I managed not to break any of them again, and now they're all glued together on my bit of ply marked out at 60 deg. intervals to get them correctly aligned.

When they're set I'll add the various bit and pieces on the hub and try it place on the Rotocrane's monster pylon.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I wasn't intending to post any more pics of the Rotocrane until it was finished, but I had to test fit the rotor this morning now that it's dried, and the thing looked SO crazy I just had to take a pic, even though the rotor's not painted and it hasn't any wheels yet etc.

When I first test fitted it last night the tip jets rested on the wing tips and the fins, so there was obviously too much 'droop' in the blades. As the glue was still drying I had a brain wave and turned the rotor upside down to dry and this morning it's just right.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Steel Penguin

Kit, that look amazing!  it is absolutely a thing from a future we should of had.  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Now I know it's 1/72 but in that photo it looks 1/144 or even 1/200 for some reason to me - obviously a very deep shag pile ?  :angel:

Certainly suits the scheme.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Kit --- that looks terrific   :wub: :wub: :wub:

Now I've got an idea what a project I've been planning for quite a few years will look like (only I'm using 1/32 scale CH-47 blades)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Cobra

Awesome Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Looks like it could Come from an Episode of thunderbirds! Keep up the Superb Work,Kit! Dan

Doug K

kerick

I've been watching this build with great interest. A brilliant idea flawlessly done!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise