Westland-Fairey Rotocrane HC4

Started by PR19_Kit, July 10, 2018, 03:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 19, 2018, 06:52:48 AM

One day I'll do a relatively simple 'paint job' Whiff, maybe.........

With standard wings? AYE RIGHT!  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on July 19, 2018, 07:44:18 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 19, 2018, 06:52:48 AM

One day I'll do a relatively simple 'paint job' Whiff, maybe.........

With standard wings? AYE RIGHT!  :wacko:

Hmmmmmm, maybe...........  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Just about done with the major PSR work on the fuselage and port wing, the rear end is all sanded smooth and I've glued the under-nose gondola in place and PSR'd it to death by now. I also added a backwards facing seat for the loadmaster after filing away much of the floor re-inforcement. (That seat is the one single item I used from the Skycrane kit.  ;D) I've glued the nose landing gear doors in place and PSR'd them as well, as the Noratlas nose wheel will be a tad further aft.

In addition I've also PSR'd the Twin Otter wing trailing edges that'll be used for the 'crane's tailplane as it has many indentations and double slotted flaps, whereas I'll only need an 'elevator'.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

More time working on the nose today. I cut out the nose wheel bay and boxed it in, the same size as the Noratlas bay as I don't want to be cutting out new doors when there's a pair just sitting there.

I also cut a new door on the starboard side, slightly larger than the one on the port side as it'll have a rescue hoist mounted above it, and a larger door would make sense for getting the casualty aboard. Both doors will have Gatling cannons mounted in them, courtesy of an Italeri MH-47E kits that will donate many of it's little greebly bits too.

I've started work on the starboard wing and that's going OK, but I've found that the cockpit transparency doesn't fit too well and will either need lots of filing on its edges or else some trim strips added around it.

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Poor Kit, this is uneasy hard work with details and all. I hope the final result (like natural?) will make forget all these difficulties... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

It's fine Tophe, I like sorting out the details of an idea, it's the sheer drudgery of the PSR stage that drives me nuts. But I hope most of that is done now.

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Ploughing through the build of the starboard side wing and engine/boom assembly, I plugged all the bits together to start work on the tailplane, only to find that the newly built starboard boom had no slot for the tailplane............  :o :o

It turned out I'd glued it in upside down so the slot was on the outside!  :banghead: :banghead:

No matter, after some filing and some 'structural PSR' there aren't ANY slots now and I'll drill and file a new one on the correct side.

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Here it is with both wings and booms in place, but lots of work to do on the starboard boom yet.

Regards
Kit

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

I go away for a few weeks and look what happens...  :bow:

Coming along nicely Kit.  I can't wait to see it in one piece.
When i've used magnets on models i've glued them on both parts rather than use washers or a steel plate.  Just get them the correct way round...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 26, 2018, 03:12:00 AM

When i've used magnets on models i've glued them on both parts rather than use washers or a steel plate.  Just get them the correct way round...

Yeah, I could tell a long and complicated tale about doing just that..................  :banghead: :banghead:

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

PR19_Kit

I seem to have spent all day PSRing the starboard boom and other bits and pieces, and in the process the tail of the boom snapped clean off.   :banghead:

I superglued it back on and assembled the boom to the rest of the assembly, then sawed the tailplane to length and glued it in place and also added the upper and lower fins.

So now it's all one piece.  ;D

All I have to do is paint it, work out how the landing gear should fit, decide on a rotor system and stick it all together........

Regards
Kit

jalles

That is outstanding  :thumbsup: I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see how this one will turn out!

PR19_Kit

Don't fall off the seat.  ;D

It's got a fair amount to go yet.

Regards
Kit