Westland-Fairey Rotocrane HC4

Started by PR19_Kit, July 10, 2018, 03:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 28, 2018, 02:30:05 AM

Plus avoids the placement of that "target" underneath the pilot  ;)

GOOD thinking Chris.  :thumbsup:

I've heard that comment made about the roundel placement on Lightnings too. (That's REAL Lightnings, the ones with their engines on top of each other.....)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Sea Vixens as well. Pilots must have hated it - "shoot here"  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Having finished off the last lot of PSR on that recalcitrant starboard upper fin, I started to think about applying a first primer coat, and put the model down on the table......

The lower starboard fin fell off!  :banghead: :banghead:

The styrene rot seems to have gone right through the boom, darn it. So I strengthened it with an overall coat of superglue, waited till it had hardened off and then superglued the fin back on. It's looking a lot better now, but that means I'll have to re-do the PSR on THAT fin now!  :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Oh dear, the first coat of primer has shown that it needs LOTS more PSR before it's ready for any other paint.....  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

1st stage of the 2nd stage of the PSR........

It looks a lot better all one colour, but it does bring out the faults, lots of them. On the other hand the container looks terrific, but then I had very little to do with that of course.

Regards
Kit

Tophe

At that distance, it looks very good! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Steel Penguin

what tophe said kit,  looking very good  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Thanks, hopefully it'll look better in green.  ;)

That'll be after a LOT more PSR though, close up it looks terrible.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 28, 2018, 03:38:43 PM
1st stage of the 2nd stage of the PSR........

It looks a lot better all one colour,

It is amazing how that coat of primer can turn an  :banghead: into a  :thumbsup: sometimes
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

The PSR's really done and dusted now, or as much as I'm prepared to do anyway, and the final primer coat's been applied.

I had a brain wave about the 'targets' for the magnets set into the container. I collected four small & short self-tapping screws and screwed them into the underside of the fuselage in the correct place to match the magnets.

Result!  ;D

And here's the container in position. Look, no hands!  ;D

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Verrry nice. And sexy on the dark red velvet!  :thumbsup: Remembers me of some famous glamour shot.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Velvet? That's the my duvet cover, it does make a good background though.  ;)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

A red velvet duvet cover?  That would be rather heavy and hot...

;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 31, 2018, 05:13:35 AM

A red velvet duvet cover?  That would be rather heavy and hot...

;D

Nonononononono, it's red, yes, but not velvet. No idea what it is, just 'cloth' as far as I know...........  ;)

Regards
Kit