Westland-Fairey Rotocrane HC4

Started by PR19_Kit, July 10, 2018, 03:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

But is it that "rich crushed velour" that Chrysler used to have Khan Noonian Singh hawk back in the 70s? :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on July 31, 2018, 04:42:08 PM

But is it that "rich crushed velour" that Chrysler used to have Khan Noonian Singh hawk back in the 70s? :wacko:

Anything but! It just looks good as a background for pics.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Looks like ST:TOS Red Shirt uniform material to me.  You a secret Trek cosplayer Kit?
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on August 01, 2018, 03:28:17 AM

Looks like ST:TOS Red Shirt uniform material to me.  You a secret Trek cosplayer Kit?
;D

Hehehe, not at all, but I have a couple of friends who are!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on August 01, 2018, 03:28:17 AM
;D

He's still alive.  If he is, it's not as a red shirt. :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

My three RAF 100 GB builds will slow down a bit till the weekend's over. I've got a big railway event on at Crewe this weekend and the medics have just given me the OK to drive that far.  :thumbsup:

The organisers there sent me an email on Sunday asking would it be possible for me to give them a talk about tilt systems while I'm up there!  :o

While I can probably do the actual talking from my head, it'll take a while to build the illustrations into a suitable visual presentation.

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Looks rather decadent to me  :angel: Mine's rather Scandinavian  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 01, 2018, 06:46:22 AM

Looks rather decadent to me  :angel: Mine's rather Scandinavian  :rolleyes:

You haven't seen the rest of it...............  ;)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I've been trying to build the Rotocrane's rotor, but as it has components from FOUR different kits, none of which are designed to fit each other of course, it's not that simple.

I wanted it to have BIG blades because it's a heavy lift chopper, so the largest around are those from a Chinook, and luckily I have a couple of them, one an Airfix HC2 and one an Italeri MH-47E. Actually they're the same basic kit, thank goodness, so the blades are matching shapes, but I need six blades going in the SAME direction, so I needed half of the blades from one kit and half from the other...... [No, I have NO idea what I'm going to do with the other bits....]

Why six blades? Because I think it needs more than the puny four on the normal 'dyne, so it uses the hub from an Airfix Super Jolly Green Giant, and the shaft and the tip jets from the two 'dyne kits that I used for the fuselage etc.

It's taking an age to build as gluing the blades to the hub takes 5-6 hrs or so each because they have to be really solid before I start on the next one. At this rate it's going to take all week, so no pics just yet.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

You're a bleedin' masochist, mate! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 07, 2018, 07:07:53 PM

I'm starting to think that should be spelt  I D I OT

3 blades on now........

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 08, 2018, 01:04:09 AM

3 blades on now........

You mean you're not going to follow this up with an eight-bladed interlinked contra-rotating Kamanesque version  :wacko:
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on August 08, 2018, 01:10:42 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 08, 2018, 01:04:09 AM

3 blades on now........

You mean you're not going to follow this up with an eight-bladed interlinked contra-rotating Kamanesque version  :wacko:

Well, maybe next week.....

I have got a complete spare rotor pylon of course.  ;) ;)

Regards
Kit