Started by PR19_Kit, July 10, 2018, 03:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Steel Penguin on September 28, 2018, 10:33:48 AM

Kitnut
I prefer
" Im sorry, I cant hear you over how awesome that is"

Oh very good.  ;D ;)

Of course by the time the RAF had adopted the Rotocrane as its standard vertical heavy lift aircraft the tip jet noise issues had been solved.

Yeah, right...........  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

I do believe that the official response would have been along the lines of  :
"That's the sound of freedom old chap".

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Steel Penguin

:o   sorry Kit, I hadn't even realised id done that one   :banghead:
it is just a phrase I use when I don't want to go excessively on the superlatives, but think that it is seriously impressive.  :thumbsup:
and I do think it is that good.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Weaver

Could've sworn I'd commented on this one, but apparently not... (this is an increasingly common experience for me...)... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Anyway, very, very very nice job Kit: that's my kind of crazy  :wacko: :thumbsup:

Random observation: have you noticed how much the Rotodyne cockpit section actually resembles the Noratlas?

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on October 20, 2018, 06:28:01 AM

Random observation: have you noticed how much the Rotodyne cockpit section actually resembles the Noratlas?

Actually no, but now that you mention it, it certainly does. How odd. Now you've got me wondering if I should replace the nose with the Noratlas one, but I may leave that until I build the later, even larger HC6...............  ;) ;) ;)

Sadly, I took it to my local club the other night and had to do a crash stop on the M4 avoiding some gawp truck driver who was trying to turn left from the right hand lane (!) and the Rotocrane's carry box slid onto the floor of the car and one of the main wheel legs has broken. It'll need some alloy tubing and mucho superglue to repair I reckon.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Leave it as it is and put it on a base with a fire truck and a couple of Land Rovers round it!  I am much looking forward to the HC6 when it appears.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on October 20, 2018, 10:00:33 AM

Leave it as it is and put it on a base with a fire truck and a couple of Land Rovers round it! 

That's not a bad idea actually, with the container detached and jammed under the fuselage, hmmmmmm........

And I have a catalogue of 1/72 fire engines and stuff from the recent show I did in S Wales too.

Quote from: Rheged on October 20, 2018, 10:00:33 AM

I am much looking forward to the HC6 when it appears.

So am I, when I can generate the idea as to how it should look.  ;D

I'd need a few more 'dyne kits first though, and a LOT more Chinook rotor blades too.

Who did those aftermarket Chinook blades anyway, I can't remember?

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 20, 2018, 10:05:22 AM

So am I, when I can generate the idea as to how it should look.  ;D

How about like this Kit

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 20, 2018, 10:05:22 AM

I'd need a few more 'dyne kits first though, and a LOT more Chinook rotor blades too.

And Whirlybird did/does Chinook blade replacement sets, got one in the stash somewhere.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on October 20, 2018, 11:15:27 AM

How about like this Kit

That's a bit too ugly, even for me Robert.  :o

And Whirlybird did/does Chinook blade replacement sets, got one in the stash somewhere.

Indeed they do, thanks for the tip. £8.50 a set for the new composite type blades. I can pick some up at Telford with luck.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Well I wasn't thinking 'exactly' like that, more along the lines of something like it but using Rotodyne parts. I've got these 1/32 CH-47 front fuselage clear vacuform bits which I can't for the life of me remember why I got them and I thought they could work for something like this.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

There was a guy from the St Athan Club at the S Wales show at the weekend who'd build the 1/32 Chinook. It's HUGE!

The rotor blades must have a chord of over an inch! A most impressive model though.

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on July 11, 2018, 07:09:48 PM
A twin-boom Rotodyne may be a winner! :thumbsup: :bow:
Belated congratulations! I forgot to come back with cheers for the final result. Hurrah for this twin-boomer!
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

Wow ! Just wow ! Love it. Absolutely love it. I need to go on the hunt for one of these kits again. Can you imagine the sight and sound of these babies in operation ? You'd set up camp at the aerodrome and never leave !

Great stuff * click * save

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

While packing boxes for the Avon Show tomorrow I found the Rotocrane was missing a rotor blade.  :banghead:

With a rotor THAT big it's only too obvious so an immediate repair was called for, so out came the fuse wire, superglue and very small drills..............

NOT such a good idea as even a 1 mm drill was too large for the rotor blade's main shaft. Instead I glued a stub of fuse wire into the rotor hub and cut a narrow slot along a short length of the blade, then mashed it all together with more and more superglue.

A dash of paint should see it OK for the morning.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Joe C-P

That greatly resembles the USN and JMSDF QH-50 drone!  I have a kit of one to build someday.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 20, 2018, 10:05:22 AMSo am I, when I can generate the idea as to how it should look.  ;D

How about like this Kit

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 20, 2018, 10:05:22 AMI'd need a few more 'dyne kits first though, and a LOT more Chinook rotor blades too.

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.