Started by PR19_Kit, July 19, 2018, 04:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Good work.

On some other what-if planet, I have found a tandem-seat DH100 project:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Hmmm, I like the look of that................  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 22, 2018, 10:27:38 PM
Hmmm, I like the look of that................  ;D

Me to. Certainly has a French look to it  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Both wings glued on now, and first lot of PSR on the starboard side applied.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Both wings now, but lots of 'S' of the PSR sector to do. Sanding the wing roots is a real pain because the booms get in the way of a sanding block, and files are too coarse so it's strips of wet-and-dry to the fore.

Regards
Kit

Tophe

This looks like a possible flying wing/tailless airplane... Booms will provide a different style. :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Knightflyer

Quote from: Tophe on July 25, 2018, 11:20:48 PM
This looks like a possible flying wing/tailless airplane... Booms will provide a different style. :thumbsup:

One of the potential Whiffs I've always considered is a Venom with no booms and the tail-fins mounted directly onto the rear of the wings - a sort of 'straight-winged' DH Swallow
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

The Wooksta!

Or you could give the Swallow the more powerful engine of the Venom...

Did the French have the Vampire T-Birds? 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Knightflyer on July 25, 2018, 11:41:35 PM

One of the potential Whiffs I've always considered is a Venom with no booms and the tail-fins mounted directly onto the rear of the wings - a sort of 'straight-winged' DH Swallow

Hmm, I'd assume that this solution would be rather instable in the real world - but with some swept wings, for a better longitudal stability...?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 26, 2018, 02:42:29 AM
Quote from: Knightflyer on July 25, 2018, 11:41:35 PM

Hmm, I'd assume that this solution would be rather instable in the real world - but with some swept wings, for a better longitudal stability...?

I'm not so sure, the Fauvel gliders were essentially straight winged and they flew pretty well. But they had to use a reflex wing section for stability and that doesn't make for super efficiency, an essential in the high performance sailplane world.

Maybe I should just leave the booms off the T5? (Sorry Tophe..........)  ;D ;)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 26, 2018, 03:12:43 AM
I'm not so sure, the Fauvel gliders were essentially straight winged and they flew pretty well. But they had to use a reflex wing section for stability and that doesn't make for super efficiency, an essential in the high performance sailplane world.

Maybe I should just leave the booms off the T5? (Sorry Tophe..........)  ;D ;)

Cripes, if you partially close your eyes and squint a bit that's practically a boomless DH Vampire!  ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on July 26, 2018, 05:47:51 AM

Cripes, if you partially close your eyes and squint a bit that's practically a boomless DH Vampire!  ;D

Exactly..........  ;) ;D

Which is precisely as far as I've got with the T5 right now, but as it's for the GB I'll probably continue on the original plan.

But I do have another Vampire kit, and maybe a Swallow vacform somewhere too.  ;)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Wonder how well that Airfix Vampire would take a Nene back end from a Mistral?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Knightflyer

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 26, 2018, 07:10:11 AM
Wonder how well that Airfix Vampire would take a Nene back end from a Mistral?

Asking the obvious - how different are they?

loupgarou

Kit, I should say that your builds are very inspirational, but, given the temperature in your and mine parts of the world, I feel more perspirational.  :banghead: ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.