RAF schemes. Real or imagined

Started by ysi_maniac, July 22, 2018, 12:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

RAF Coastal Command

Will die without understanding this world.

NARSES2

Now that has a "look" about it  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

A less known, but real, scheme

ysi_maniac

BTW: Please feel free to add RAF schemes (real or imagined :thumbsup: )

Mossie

Okay!

Corsair in standard mid war temperate scheme

Same model, whiffed winter scheme:

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

S2C Goshawk, real scheme-ish.  It was whiffed up as replacement for the one-way trip Hurricanes based on CAM ships.  Probably should have had sky undersides, but I thought white would make for a nice change and was used on larger aircaft like the one Carlos showed:

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

zenrat

WW2 RAF temperate scheme with Blue replacing Dark Green.
Northrop N-3 PB 8 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Late 30's/early WW2 with Dark Earth & Dark Green swapped and Black & White swapped.

WW2 RAF desert scheme  with Pale Sand replacing Middle Stone.
Siblings - Kittyhawk & Typhoon 15 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Siblings - Kittyhawk & Typhoon 8 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Magic Fred.  :thumbsup:

That 'reversed scheme' Hurricane looks totally standard at first sight, and it only dawns on that something's not quite right after a while.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ysi_maniac

Are colours of bombers, upper surfaces earth and green, the same as early WWII fighters'?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ysi_maniac on September 10, 2018, 03:05:03 PM

Are colours of bombers, upper surfaces earth and green, the same as early WWII fighters'?

Yes, but the patterns are different of course.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

ysi_maniac

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*