The little BIG Hemp One :-)

Started by Knightflyer, July 22, 2018, 09:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightflyer

Okay

Not much to report. Wing halves glued together and led placed in fuselage halves, but this is another Revell 1:450 Boeing 747-200 bought because basically I couldn't resist the following ......

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 17, 2018, 12:47:41 AM
Makes me wonder what a 747 in a Hemp livery might look like...?

We shall find out!  ;D

Not posted a pic because at this point it's no different from this one.....

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,45495.0.html
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Knightflyer

So just the preliminaries on this on so far. Wings glued together, lead in fuselage and fuselage halves joined together.

Not a hint of hempness yet!  <_<

NARSES2

If you'd left it attached to that sprue you could have said it was the LIDAR array or whatever  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Knightflyer

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 26, 2018, 06:10:11 AM
If you'd left it attached to that sprue you could have said it was the LIDAR array or whatever  ;)

Yes that would've been impressive indeed :o. It'd have a ruddy good resolution as well!  :o (resolution is related to array size ??)

And here's the state of play last night. Light grey to the lower surfaces and a try-out of Hemp on the tail and tail-plane upper surfaces

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Knightflyer

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 28, 2018, 02:24:42 AM
I have to keep reminding myself these are teeny !

Hi Chris - teeny indeed - the model comes out at 157 mm (just over 6 inches long) which I think is about a third of the length of a 1/144 scale 747 ? (if I got my maths right?)

It's a very near match for the 1/72nd Fiat Finch!  ;D

NARSES2

:o That certainly brings it home. I admire both your eyesight and manual dexterity  ;)  :thumbsup:

Knightflyer

Well slower progress, but here you go

As it presently stands I now have a model of the world's largest assault glider!  :o (just had a further thought - imagine the zwilling combo to tow it! :o :o )

Apologies for the photos - I though the dog's towel would provide a better colour contrast than the kitchen floor - I was wrong! :-\ (for the under-surface at least!)

I'm now eagerly awaiting the arrival of window/door decals prepared for me by a very nice man with a hat! ;D

Dizzyfugu

Well, who knows for sure for which background the Hemp/Barley Grey scheme was originally devised...?  :rolleyes:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on August 03, 2018, 12:46:07 AM

I'm now eagerly awaiting the arrival of window/door decals prepared for me by a very nice man with a hat! ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

They printed up just fine and they'll be in the post later today.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Apologies for the photos - I though the dog's towel would provide a better colour contrast than the kitchen floor - I was wrong! :-\ (for the under-surface at least!)

You need Kit's red velvet/rich crushed velour duvet cover. ;D ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Knightflyer

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 03, 2018, 06:07:04 AM

You need Kit's red velvet/rich crushed velour duvet cover. ;D ;)

I had been going to make a comment about that, but thought better of it  :rolleyes: And as my bedspread (chosen by the wife I hasten to add!) consists of pink flamingos on a blue/green background I didn't think I was really the one to cast aspersions on a fellow whiffers choice of duvet cover!  ;D :thumbsup:

kitbasher

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 03, 2018, 01:34:36 AM
Well, who knows for sure for which background the Hemp/Barley Grey scheme was originally devised...?  :rolleyes:

Airfield concrete hardstandings, I believe.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Well looking at the 747 against the G.91 I'd say you've the basis of a 72nd scale remotely piloted aircraft.  Two podded engines at the back (jet or turboprop) plus a t-tail (with or without wing mods and your away!

Undercart length would limit stores options unless it was strictly a recce bird like Global Hawk.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Knightflyer

Quote from: kitbasher on August 03, 2018, 08:42:31 AM

Well looking at the 747 against the G.91 I'd say you've the basis of a 72nd scale remotely piloted aircraft.  Two podded engines at the back (jet or turboprop) plus a t-tail (with or without wing mods and your away!

Undercart length would limit stores options unless it was strictly a recce bird like Global Hawk.

Well I'm in no way a 'chop-and-change' whiffer but that idea is weirdly appealing. It's a shame I don't have any more 1/450 scale 747s!  ;D (and won't have ....ever!!)