Folland Gnat CC2

Started by PR19_Kit, July 25, 2018, 07:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Actually, keep priming and then sanding.  It'll give you a decent surface.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Dare I mention talcum powder and dope ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 26, 2018, 08:12:24 AM

Why not? But I have some ready mixed sanding sealer to hand, amazingly they still sell it in model shops!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 26, 2018, 09:06:53 AM

Why not? But I have some ready mixed sanding sealer to hand, amazingly they still sell it in model shops!  :o

Probably been in stock since "Gord" knows when
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 27, 2018, 07:45:47 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 26, 2018, 09:06:53 AM

Probably been in stock since "Gord" knows when

Hehehe, maybe so, but it works just fine. I'd forgotten how strong that stuff smelt!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Yup I have an extremely poor sense of smell, but even I knew that it stank the house out for a day or two in the winter when the windows were shut. No wonder my mum had a moan  ;D

PR19_Kit

No progress at all on the Gnat CC2 since my Mum died, so I think I'll abandon hope of doing this in time for the end of the GB on the 14th. But I will do it, I've had the idea in my head for ages now.

I'll stand some chance of doing the Venom T5 though, that just needs yellow stripes, detail painting and decals.

Oh yes, the odd wheel would help too...... ;D

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Moved from RAF 100 PG thread

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I dug this one out of the Shelf Queen area, as well as the JP6 when I was at home this week, and I've got them both back with me in my 'country home' in Northants now.

I see much balsa carving and sanding in my future,........  :-\

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The canopy mould is with OGL now, awaiting a bath in silicone and reproduction in resin before being vacformed within an inch of its life.

In the meanwhile I've painted the top of the CC2 white, just like a Bassett. The lower side will be Light Aircraft Grey of course, and with the obligatory blue lightning stripe.

Even though it's longer it still looks tiny next to the JP6.

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

I've painted the interior of the cockpit and all three seats now, and here they are in place, but not glued as yet. I need the canopy to get their heights correct and to ensure the nose wheel fits correctly, but that's on the way soon.  ;D

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..