Area 88 1/144: Rocky Arrival (DC-3)

Started by strobez, July 29, 2018, 08:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

;D ;D

Even in small scale, large problem become mighty obnoxious!  ;D  I have to admit to having focused more on the overall package, the base, and the functionality and didn't even see the problematic ailerons.....  at first.....    ;D  :o

Water under the bridge; so long as it's fixed, all's well that ends well.  :mellow:

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

I just thought you'd given it flaperons...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

PR19_Kit

Quote from: strobez on November 24, 2018, 04:15:18 PM

....not including the obligatory shot next to a Tamiya paint bottle... Kit forgets how small it is and just focuses on how how wrong it is... :P

It jumped out me because I'd done EXACTLY the same thing with an Airfix DC3 a zillion years ago, and my Dad poured scorn on me for days afterward!  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

strobez

LMAO! Well, we all owe your Dad some thanks then.

I have to say, even knowing what I'm looking for, the neither the Roden nor the Minicraft kits make it easy to understand where the flaps actually are.  I'm assuming they're accurate, but it's still tough to see.
Thanks!

Greg