Vickers VC-10 Superb

Started by Hobbes, August 05, 2018, 08:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Quote from: McColm on February 04, 2019, 07:43:01 AM
1/72 scale might be a bit tricky.

there are 2 1/72 VC-10 kits (Magna and Anigrand, IIRC), but you need 2 kits to make 1 Superb so that project would involve a bit of sticker shock.

I can scale the engines to 1/72 fairly easily.

kitnut617

Quote from: Hobbes on February 05, 2019, 01:01:52 PM
Quote from: McColm on February 04, 2019, 07:43:01 AM
1/72 scale might be a bit tricky.

there are 2 1/72 VC-10 kits (Magna and Anigrand, IIRC), but you need 2 kits to make 1 Superb so that project would involve a bit of sticker shock.

I can scale the engines to 1/72 fairly easily.

Three is you count the Airways Vac Form kit, got one in the stash too ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Hobbes

Quote from: Hobbes on February 02, 2019, 07:47:54 AMI've more or less finished this (and I got it done in time for Telford). There are a few items I still need to sort out (the decals need repairs).

Another set of RB.178 engines (same basic design I used for the Jet Belfast, now in side-by-side configuration):

Next to a standard VC-10 (the RB.211 test bed G-AXLR, based on the Airfix kit), you can see it's much longer. If you look back at the photos at the start of this thread, I hacked up the Roden kit (which is a Super VC-10) and inserted 2 fuselage sections, totaling 17 windows.

Can anyone see the images in this post? I can't, which is weird, because the image URLs are all valid.

scooter

Quote from: Hobbes on September 29, 2022, 07:09:07 AM
Quote from: Hobbes on February 02, 2019, 07:47:54 AMI've more or less finished this (and I got it done in time for Telford). There are a few items I still need to sort out (the decals need repairs).

Another set of RB.178 engines (same basic design I used for the Jet Belfast, now in side-by-side configuration):

Next to a standard VC-10 (the RB.211 test bed G-AXLR, based on the Airfix kit), you can see it's much longer. If you look back at the photos at the start of this thread, I hacked up the Roden kit (which is a Super VC-10) and inserted 2 fuselage sections, totaling 17 windows.

Can anyone see the images in this post? I can't, which is weird, because the image URLs are all valid.

All blank
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kitnut617

Quote from: Hobbes on September 29, 2022, 07:09:07 AM

No I can't see anything either Harro. All the pics in this thread have disappeared.  But I think I know what it might be as I had a similar problem a while ago. For me it was the photo hosting website not having its security certificate renewed. I was able to get them to appear when I changed the settings here in my profile to accept the hosting site as unsecure.  But that was before our big forum update, I think I'd better go check my posts to see if any of mine has disappeared again.

EDIT; It seems like the settings I change in 'My Profile' carried over to the updated forum.

Hobbes

That's odd. I switched my hosting to secure a while ago, today I updated the links in this topic to https thinking the images would be visible again, but no luck. Stranger still: my avatar uses the same hosting site and it is visible.

kitnut617

Hobbes

I think I've found it: the image URL uses uppercase letters.
VC-10 Superb 1a.JPG
The new forum software converts this to lowercase.
VC-10 Superb 1a.jpg
which means the url is incorrect and the image is not found.

Changing case didn't help. The original filename contains spaces, which are stripped by the forum sw.

FXII

I tried to type the image url in lower case, but unfortunately still no pictures. Is there any other way for you to show us this great project?

Wardukw

This is annoying cause I've always loved the lines of the VC-10 and I'm very interested to see what this looks like .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Does this work? Looks ok in Preview

Gondor

EDIT: Looks as if it does. What I did was this.... opened a link that Hobbes had in one of his posts in a new tab, then Replyed to a post and used the "Insert Image" pictogram. I then copied the https info from the tab which had the picture and put that where the https was in the window that opened when I clicked on the "Insert Image" pictogram.
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

FXII

Ta Da, there they, perfect pictures!
Thanks

Wardukw

YES!!  We have a picture  ;D
I like what I'm seeing and now we need more ..bloody nice work Gondor mate..bloody nice work for sure  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .