What if at Phoenix

Started by Dork the kit slayer, August 08, 2018, 02:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dork the kit slayer

A couple of pics available over on the blog.    http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.com/    It was a great week even though it was hot enough to melt the brass monkeys proverbials.

The week included a day out at Pima (even hotter) where a lot more airframes have been added since my last trip. The desert heat limited my time and photos outside and on a couple of occasions, I couldn't see the viewer had literally pointed in the general direction. :banghead:

Im just sorting through the pics and hopefully, they will be up on the blog along with the venue ,set up day and various modelling "fashion victims" soon.

By the way all the pics are downloadable should you wish. :thumbsup:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Knightflyer

Blimey - who got together behind the hangers here for an illicit union!  :o ;)

Spitmunk or Chip(Pan)fire?

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Some wonderful Whiffs at the show, thanks for the link.  :thumbsup:

And Pima seems to have multiplied its population by 10 since I was there last, but that was back in the 90s.

I didn't expect to see a Lightning F6 and a pink Jaguar there, but it's good to see Shackleton WL790 still looking so good. I went aboard her when she was at Lossie with 8 Sqdn. and also when she was at Anoka County Field in Minneapolis.  :thumbsup:

And I never knew RF-84Fs could have a wing mounted refuelling probe.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Dork the kit slayer

Your welcome mate.   There were some nice dragster builds in the show......just for you.  LOL ;D ;D ;D Will post soon.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on August 08, 2018, 11:35:28 AM

Your welcome mate.   There were some nice dragster builds in the show......just for you.  LOL ;D ;D ;D Will post soon.

Oooh magic, thanks in advance.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

zenrat

The perforated panel on the RF-84F aft of the wing, anyone know if that is an airbrake?  The hinges don't look hefty enough.

Thanks for sharing the pics Dork.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on August 09, 2018, 03:43:42 AM

The perforated panel on the RF-84F aft of the wing, anyone know if that is an airbrake?  The hinges don't look hefty enough.

Perhaps the load bearing bit of the hinge is hidden inside the cover bit?

I'm a long way from my RF-84F kits just now so I can't check.

Regards
Kit

63cpe

Erm, Which ones do you mean?

PICT0140 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

or maybe better:
IMG_3195 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

The ones on the wings? or on the fuselage?

zenrat

Not all of those have hinges Dave...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Modelling_Mushi

It sure is.
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

zenrat

Quote from: Modelling_Mushi on September 08, 2018, 05:26:08 AM

It sure is.

Thanks Mushi.

Fred