General Dynamics Canberra PR9

Started by PR19_Kit, August 10, 2018, 02:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

beautiful : the condor metaphor makes sense indeed

TheChronicOne

Yup!!!!  That's a cracking build, mate!!!!
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Hehehehe, thanks Robert and everyone else as well, but it's not as good as it could have been really.

a) It's a Mach 2 basic kit with all its various problems (the canopy, agggghhhh!) and b) the paint job could have been better for sure.

But it looks very impressive with those MONSTER wings.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

That's looking sexy, esp. in the Hemp livery!  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

The difference between the Hemp topsides and the Light Aircraft Grey undersides is very small, much less than I thought it would be. Where the Hemp overlaps on the underside view you can hardly see it!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 13, 2018, 12:14:15 PM
The difference between the Hemp topsides and the Light Aircraft Grey undersides is very small, much less than I thought it would be. Where the Hemp overlaps on the underside view you can hardly see it!

I thought that was the basic idea behind camouflage  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 11, 2018, 03:05:29 PM

Detail view of the nose showing the diabolical fit of the canopy (I really did try to fix it....) and the 1 PRU unit badge

After looking at the end result of your model I rummaged around for my RB-57F kit and found it. A bit late for this Kit, but in the box I found I had bought a replacement canopy for it, Aeroclub No. C013. Also got some replacement u/c and wheels too --

rickshaw

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 13, 2018, 04:12:57 PM
After looking at the end result of your model I rummaged around for my RB-57F kit and found it. A bit late for this Kit, but in the box I found I had bought a replacement canopy for it, Aeroclub No. C013. Also got some replacement u/c and wheels too --

SAC, IIRC does replacement undercarriage for the Canberra/B-57.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

loupgarou

Fantastic build, Kit, even if you've been a little shy on wingspan. ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on September 14, 2018, 03:42:38 AM

Fantastic build, Kit, even if you've been a little shy on wingspan. ;D

Yes, I left it as it came from the box, most unlike me.  ;D

As for the landing gear, I may change mine for the SAC version. Mine are already showing signs of canting inwards, just like my MR23 too.

The canopy only fits on one side, the left. Both the right hand side and the front are diabolical. You can see the step at the base of the windscreen in Robert's linked pic, but the right hand side moulding is around 1.5 mm too narrow, so there's a big step there.

I've got an Italeri B-57B and I may see if that canopy fits better, or trawl around for an Aeroclub one, anything's got the better than it is now!

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 14, 2018, 04:20:10 AM
I've got an Italeri B-57B and I may see if that canopy fits better, or trawl around for an Aeroclub one, anything's got the better than it is now!

Falcon do one, but it's in one of their USAF sets. You could also ask at High Planes, I got the wheels from them but that was before the original owner sold the company to the Singapore group that produces them now.