General Dynamics Canberra PR9

Started by PR19_Kit, August 10, 2018, 02:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 21, 2018, 10:57:01 PM
Yes, of course it is, but the non-interchangeability of the nozzles just doesn't make sense.

Different sub-contractors for the different paints would be my guess.

Paint Factory 106, Túliào City #9, Hunan Province, Peoples' Republic of China, for the Halford's Grey Primer; Paint Factory 76A, Túliào City #13, Henan Province, Peoples' Republic of China, for the Halford's Plastic Primer; neither of which uses any manufacturing equipment/machinery developed from the same source.

:P :wacko:

nb: (I think) Túliào = Paint (n.)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 21, 2018, 10:57:01 PM
Yes, of course it is, but the non-interchangeability of the nozzles just doesn't make sense.

Ya need artists spraycans, they're available in high, medium, and low pressure versions
and for about .25 cents each interchangeable, colour coded nozzles with different spray patterns
and outputs that you can use to vary the amount of paint. Plus it's really good paint.

https://shop.molotow.com/en/dosen.html?categorys=cans

https://shop.molotow.com/en/dosen.html?caps_tips=caps

PR19_Kit

I've never heard of them before JCF, and they sound very interesting, thanks.  :thumbsup:

I may give them a try and see how the different caps work.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 22, 2018, 12:10:34 PM
I've never heard of them before JCF, and they sound very interesting, thanks.  :thumbsup:

I wasn't aware of them either, interesting  :thumbsup:

Probably find that the vendour has to report you to the Old Bill though, just in case you intend visiting your nearest railway siding  :angel: ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Got both upper and lower colour coats on now, but they'll both need a bit of cleaning up.

It's looking rather like a big real PR9 now, which is the object of the exercise of course.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

It looks like Kit is trying to beat Dizzy's number of builds in this GB!  :o
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on August 25, 2018, 07:56:46 AM

It looks like Kit is trying to beat Dizzy's number of builds in this GB!  :o

NO chance!  :o

He's already up to six, with more than a month still to go, and I'm struggling to finish off my five current builds. It's lucky that the GB itself aligns with the way my brain usually works, building alternative RAF machines I mean.

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The decals are going on today, and I put the roundels on last night even. With that MASSIVE wing they're a bit understated and I may find some larger ones instead. The MINUTE fin flashes that the RAF used on the real PR9s look totally silly on this 'PR9' and I may change them too, you can only just see them!

Pics maybe later today, albeit without any landing gear as yet.

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 26, 2018, 02:50:39 AM
The decals are going on today, and I put the roundels on last night even. With that MASSIVE wing they're a bit understated and I may find some larger ones instead. The MINUTE fin flashes that the RAF used on the real PR9s look totally silly on this 'PR9' and I may change them too, you can only just see them!

Pics maybe later today, albeit without any landing gear as yet.

I wouldn't worry about them Kit, you should see the diminutive roundels and fin flashes on the Airbus Voyagers I see regularly (and I've seen them all, one doesn't have any RAF markings but is still painted grey)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Sadly I'll have to do something about them, as when the Airfix decals dry out they generate a dark blue ring around the outside for some obscure reason, it just doesn't look right.

I've printed some new, larger ones off but the colour's not dense enough so I'll have to go the 2-layer route for them.

The massive wing walkways are on now, and it looks VERY different with them.

Perhaps the all grey Voyager is one of the batch that's normally contracted for civvie work? There's 4-5 like that IIRC.

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 23, 2018, 05:53:46 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 22, 2018, 12:10:34 PM

I wasn't aware of them either, interesting  :thumbsup:

Probably find that the vendour has to report you to the Old Bill though, just in case you intend visiting your nearest railway siding  :angel: ;)

Yep, a friend has a small art supply store locally, and he's had a couple of visits from
the local gendarmerie, they appreciated Jason's explanations, and intent, and seemingly
came to understand that the cans are a bit outside the average taggers budget, and in
many cases, skill.
:wacko:

PR19_Kit

Stuff this for a bowl of cornflakes! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I've spent most of the afternoon trying to print some larger lo-viz roundels that are the same shades as the one good, smaller pair that I've got from a Model Alliance sheet. No matter what I do I just CAN'T get the blue to match!

So whether anyone likes it or not the wing roundels will be 'faded', and maybe the fuselage ones have just been repainted!!!!!

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Here's the 'PR9' all painted and mostly decaled, it's driving me nuts just now so I'm taking a break from decaling at the moment and I'll sort out the landing gear next.

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr