DONE @p.4 +++ Blackburn Barghest F(AW).3 of RAF 19 Sq., 1959

Started by Dizzyfugu, August 12, 2018, 02:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 15, 2018, 04:39:26 AM

Did I already mention the massive PSR work that comes with the combination of parts that apparently never were intended to be stuck together?

I know JUST what you mean Thomas!  :thumbsup:

Which reminds me, I must get around to asking you to get me some more Presto putty, I've only got 1.5 tubes left.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

That's a dire situation that can make you shiver, I know... Basically no problem, I just have to see when I get the next opportunity to visit the store. How many tubes do you (potentially) need?

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

PM replied, with a potential, alternative procurement source which is valid for UK.

Dizzyfugu

In the meantime, painting has started - nothing fancy, just a typical Fifties RAF livery in Dark Green/Dark Sea Grey/Light Aircraft Grey:

1:72 Blackburn Barghest F(AW).3 (Whif/Kitbashing) - WiP
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

PR19_Kit

At first sight your brain says 'It's a Buccaneer' but then it says 'Erm. no it isn't....................'  ;D

It's a plastic manifestation of one of those many competing design studies that appear in magazine articles about particular aircraft types.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 16, 2018, 02:33:38 AM
At first sight your brain says 'It's a Buccaneer' but then it says 'Erm. no it isn't....................'  ;D

It's a plastic manifestation of one of those many competing design studies that appear in magazine articles about particular aircraft types.  :thumbsup:

My brain said "Javelin! .... Um, no? No, it isn't! Ahhm, wha'? :blink:"
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on August 16, 2018, 03:40:08 AM
The blue/grey camo looks great.
:thumbsup:
;) ;D

But it won't stay this way...  ;)
However, as initially mentioned, this is a RAF DNA experiment with anything mixed into the pool what's available. It's really weird how Javelin- and Buccaneer-ish this thing looks, you might even suspect a Sea Vixen with a normal tail. The idea of creating something "RAF Fifties Thing" worked out well!  :mellow: And the typical colors just add to the confusion, esp. with a black radar nose (pics to come soon).

nighthunter

Looking good, Thomas, definitely looks like something Blackburn would produce.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Dizzyfugu