DONE @p.4 +++ Blackburn Barghest F(AW).3 of RAF 19 Sq., 1959

Started by Dizzyfugu, August 12, 2018, 02:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowtrooper

Looking at that drives you crazy because your brain tries to identify it as all 50's British jets simultaneously. So definitely a success :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

Agree with this observation! Looking at this creation is really confusing, because there are so many familiar visual signals, just in an odd combination.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Damn that's good. :thumbsup:

As others have said, it's like all of the 1950s RAF in one aircraft... :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

The only real problem I can see with it is the lack of bang seats in the cockpits.  Bearing in mind a late 50s in service date, it would have had bang seats as standard.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

Yup, agree. I considered ejection seats, but eventually stuck with the original ones because the cockpit is pretty tight. But now that you mention the issue, I consider changing the seats on the final straight - if I ever get them out again!

The Wooksta!

You'll get the seats out but best of luck getting out the plinths they're mounted on...

Had the same issue some years back with a built Meteor NF14.  IIRC, it went back in the box to rot.  Hate that Matchbox kit...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

That's VERY smart, Dizzy 👍

Yes I'd go with ejection seats if you can get the old ones out.  Maybe just build up the fitted seats to look like basic ejection seats?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

comrade harps

My brain went all :wacko: trying to figure out if it was a modified Javelin or a modified Buccaneer.

Brilliant! Straight out of a promotional brochure.  :thumbsup:
Whatever.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 19, 2018, 04:08:25 AM
Hate that Matchbox kit...

Understandably - nothing fits, PSR everywhere. The cockpit is basically not bad, but the whole thing is not an easy build...

In the meantime I swapped the seats and added some appropriate markings. Almost done, beauty pic probably next.  :lol:

1:72 Blackburn B.87 "Barghest" F(AW).3; "WZ507/A" of the Royal Air Force 19 Squadron; Leconfield Camp, Yorkshire (Great Britain), summer 1959 (Whif/Kitbashing) - WiP
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Masterful!!!  I totally love it. This is amazing.  ;D :wub:

Great job, T!
-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

It's been silent here - but beauty pics have been taken and already partly edited, but it will take a couple more days until the whole bunch is through and will be posted together with the Barghest's background.