Bell AV-22A Mamba

Started by kitnut617, August 12, 2018, 06:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Yeah! I don't think I want to play around with it anymore Harold, got other things to sort out.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Old Wombat

Really good concept coming together really well! :thumbsup:

Liking this one a lot! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

drmrhonda580

Hi, I really like this project, however, given the gau-8 cannon's massive firepower & resultant kick back, and being mounted offcentre ( which would really cause the a/c to swing to starboard ), wouldn't a slower firing 40mm bofors be more appropriate ?? Other than that exellent work !

Regards Dave

kitnut617

Hi Dave, thanks.

There's been quite a bit of discussion on the thread about that but I'm leaning towards it not being a problem. The gun itself wouldn't be fired in long bursts, it can be fired at a rate of 3900 rounds per minute, which is 65 rounds per second, but the drum so I've read only holds 900 rounds, so not much more that 17 seconds worth of firing time. The gun is noted to be very accurate so if you need more than a second of firing time, you're not a very good shooter. But recently I've read another snippet of info as to what you can do to counter the recoil, the gun is 'sighted' slightly off center so the recoil brings the line of fire back to the aiming point naturally, that's good enough for me so that's what I'm going with -----  ;D

kerick

I've been watching this build for quite some time and I'm exited to see what you come up with for a paint scheme. It's going to look so awesome when finished!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kitnut617

Kerick, initially I was thinking like this ----- but now I'm not sure if this camo scheme is used anymore.

But it may end up like this AH-1Z

scooter

Quote from: kitnut617 on August 31, 2021, 07:05:08 AM
Kerick, initially I was thinking like this ----- but now I'm not sure if this camo scheme is used anymore.

But it may end up like this AH-1Z

My ha'penny?  Grey can be boring.  Go with your first choice.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

Then there was the impromptu stuff for Desert Storm where certain colors of the pattern were repainted with sand or tan colors. I'm sure someone here could help with the specifics.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kitnut617

Thanks for the suggestions guys ---

Scoot',  I'm still leaning towards my first thoughts --  ;)

Kerick,  I went looking for photos, seems like they had sand/green or sand/tan schemes. Hmm! I'll give it some more thought -- However, the V-22's used over there were all a light grey overall ---

'Course, I could do it a Lizard scheme or even like how I've done the one V-22 I've built so far, SEAC scheme. This below will have RNZAF markings when I get around to it   :rolleyes:

kerick

It's gonna be cool whatever you chose!
Tophe the Wise