Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

Started by sykotik, August 17, 2018, 11:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 27, 2018, 01:49:22 AM
That looks WILDLY complicated and it's difficult to grasp without some size reference. So what diameter is that big centre engine please?

Superb work, but like Kit I'd love some reference so that I can really appreciate it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sykotik

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 27, 2018, 07:38:50 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 27, 2018, 01:49:22 AM
That looks WILDLY complicated and it's difficult to grasp without some size reference. So what diameter is that big centre engine please?

Superb work, but like Kit I'd love some reference so that I can really appreciate it

Thanks guys, and seeing as you asked so nicely, I just took a couple of pictures with a Tamiya Glue Bottle in front. It's not a small ship like usual - this one's definitely bigger than the Yunagi!! I can lay 2 of them, 1 over each side of that back end alone. It's as long as the Merkarva MK3 - barrel and all!

As you can see, it's got some paint on it and it looks much more tied together now. I think I got the colour right too!

Anyways, I've started on the bridge and I shall have pics of that hopefully this weekend
I hope the pictures give you a better sense of scale.?

Si

zenrat

Two things.
1)  The paint does indeed tie it all together nicely.
2)  It's smaller than I expected.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on August 30, 2018, 03:28:57 AM

Two things.
1)  The paint does indeed tie it all together nicely.
2)  It's smaller than I expected.

:thumbsup:

Indeed so, a LOT smaller than I expected, so how the DEVIL do you add all that minute detail? You must be 1/1200 scale yourself..........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Agree with the lads, it's way, way smaller than I was expecting. All I can say is  :bow: :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

sykotik

It's not as small as it seems. It's 32 cm wide and 7.5cm at it's tallest which given the sizes of my latest few builds is really pretty big. If I can get my fat fingers in there then anyone's can.  :thumbsup: TBH - Tweezers and a sharp knife are my best friends for the really small things
It's detailing the body that I am dreading/pondering over the most. There's just sooo much surface area. :o  It doesn't all need bits stuck on but there's a fair amount of space where I'll add some regardless. I'm not doing anything anyone else hasn't already done before  ;D
In the mean time, I shall finish off the bridge and get the neck done etc before worrying about the bigger stuff
Cheers,
Si

NARSES2

The problem with adding detail is knowing when to stop. That's my excuse for not adding much more than is provided in the kit  :rolleyes:

sykotik

Time for an update

I've started the bridge and have pretty much finished the face. I may yet go back and add a couple more bits on for good measure.

I have most of the holes drilled ready for fibers to go in.

I've also made a start on the roof section. It's a little bland for my taste so I've started adding details there to. Again, all made up stuff - no references. It just makes it look more interesting

The back end is also now painted and ready to go on. I still have to install the lights but that won't take long. I'll take some lit shots when it's all done

Well, that's it for now. I'll update again once I've done something worth showing with the bridge

Thanks for stopping in and having a look

Si

strobez

I'm having trouble making my mouth form actual words right now... "fasaaahhhh" was the best I could manage.

Wow.
Thanks!

Greg

Old Wombat

Quote from: strobez on September 03, 2018, 07:51:31 PM
I'm having trouble making my mouth form actual words right now... "fasaaahhhh" was the best I could manage.

Wow.

He's good, isn't he. ;D :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 03, 2018, 08:20:56 PM
Quote from: strobez on September 03, 2018, 07:51:31 PM

Wow.

He's good, isn't he. ;D :thumbsup:

Just a tad  ;)  :bow:

sykotik

hi all

Work continues with the completion of the roof. I'll have the big X thingy standing up I think. I need to start detailing that part and then add it to the roof. The shield generators have been added since these pictures but I need to fix up a few things  before I can show you.

That's it for now. Thanks for looking

Si

NARSES2

It's the symmetry I admire as much as anything else  :bow: I can't tie two she laces the same, let alone anything else  :rolleyes: