Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

Started by sykotik, August 17, 2018, 11:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Ummm does the word WOW!! seem appropriate??
I know I wear glasses to build these things but bloody hell I'd need to wear 2 Paris at once to build something that small ..brilliant brilliant stuff Simon..love it mate  ;D  :thumbsup:  :wub:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Madhatter

thank you very much!  :thumbsup:
I'm over half way done on the other side and almost ready for the first shade of gray to go down. All being well, she should be finished with painting in the next week or so. I'm aiming to have her done for Expo this year but TBH, it's probably going to be more like next year  :rolleyes:

Old Wombat

Targets are all well & good but keep them flexible, you don't want to stress out over them & ruin the experience of the build! :thumbsup:

There's always the SA Scale Model Expo in October, if you miss the Melbourne event. ;D  ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Madhatter

Mate, im already sweating about how I'd get it to Melbourne expo. I have no idea how I'd get it to SA.
I am currently in the zone to get it progressed much more, so I want to capitalise on it whilst I can.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Large plastic storage box from Bunnings lined with foam from Clark Rubber.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on March 22, 2023, 04:46:11 AMLarge plastic storage box from Bunnings lined with foam from Clark Rubber.

I mean it [ibis[/i] mostly triangles, so that makes shaping the foam fairly easy. :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Madhatter

not a bad idea that, although not sure how I would transport the base with all it's sticky-out things. I'll work it out nearer the time :)

buzzbomb

I just want to see it, somewhere.
lets hope you make Model Expo 2023, it is the 40th anniversary this year and this would be a most suitable exhibit to be there . :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

QuoteSA Scale Model EXPO 2023

SA Plastic Modellers Association presents

About the EXPO

Celebrating it's 40th year in 2023, the annual SA Scale Model Expo is SA's largest Scale Model display event which attracts modellers from both here and interstate.

The expo gives modellers across SA and the rest of Australia a chance to show off their completed projects.

The SA Scale Model Expo is for modellers of all standards who can either enter their models for technical judging or for display only if they do not wish to compete.

Other things to do during the expo include checking out the various hobby traders, model building and finishing demonstrations.

A great event to take the kids or to get inspired and become involved with the hobby of scale modelling.

Just another fun Adelaide-Melbourne rivalry. ;D  ;D  ;D

Madhatter

Well Brian, I'm working on it :)
all masking done and now waiting on delivery of more paint so I can get the final coat on her:

Old Wombat

NARSES2

That looks superb even before the final coat  :bow: 
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Madhatter

thanks guys
I managed to thread the first of thousands of fibers tonight. This will take a very long time I think  :rolleyes:

buzzbomb

Quote from: Madhatter on March 26, 2023, 07:51:55 PMall masking done and now waiting on delivery of more paint so I can get the final coat on her:

Bunnings 10 Litre  ;D This is a monster
So I suspect next will be a few thinner coats to get a subtle show through of the high contrast shaded areas.
Really looking forward to how this ends up