Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

Started by sykotik, August 17, 2018, 11:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madhatter

I think this is probably better:

I am currently casting some more of the higher pieces which will look much more in scale than the whole building thing

NARSES2

I think you've got it right with that second stab at it. :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Yep, much better! The first version was too busy! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Let the trench determine its own scale against the Star Destroyer. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Madhatter

:thumbsup: Thanks for the honest feedback guys
I have finished building the machinery stuff for the hole section on the right side of the base. It's made up of 2 layers which will be sufficient to give a scale of depth. You won't see much if it but I will be adding some lights under the first floor to make it more visible and for some interest (gotta have more to look at than just the ship right?)

This is now all ready for paint which I will do tomorrow night.

Ground floor:

First floor:

Together:

And with the top plate on:

Simple but effective I think. I'll take some more shots once it's all painted etc
As always, thanks for stopping by
Si

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

That's a bit more than affective Si..that looks superb...painting will bring that to life so well it will be amazing  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Quote from: Madhatter on May 29, 2023, 05:31:55 AMGround floor:

First floor:

Now why do I have the theme tune for "Are you Being Served" running through my head?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

"Effective" is, I think, something of an understatement. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

buzzbomb

With Wombat and Warduck here, for my take the structures add too much buzz in the background, the ship itself is the star here.
The visual exploration of the Trench and the surface, should add to the awesome work on the ship.

Madhatter

yeah, I made the the trench too large really but I can't change it now as its too far along for that kind of amendment sadly, otherwise I'd make it narrower. Live and learn I say  :thumbsup:  The black surfacer has just gone on and it looks really good now that it's all uniform in colour. Just need to work out the colours next - or more to the point, which greys to choose  :rolleyes:

Old Wombat

You could always drop a bit of sand or very pale pink in there. ;)

Wardukw

Yep ..Womby us right..more colours..it will highlight the base and add depth.
Looking at small city's in the Star wars world you've got quite a few different grays..sand..light blue..white and metallics..your choices aren't that bad 😉
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Madhatter

Definitely be adding some more varied colours in there. I was never going to just paint it grey, I was being a bit facetious  as I'm not a huge fan of just grey  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Yeah with all those shades of gray out there at the end of the day it's still gray .
I hate what I call mass single colour.

scooter

Quote from: Wardukw on May 31, 2023, 01:54:10 AMYeah with all those shades of gray out there at the end of the day it's still gray .
I hate what I call mass single colour.

Somewhere on the board is a list of the more than 50 Shades of Grey that re out there
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng