Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

Started by sykotik, August 17, 2018, 11:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 18, 2023, 11:25:32 AMVader will not be happy  :angry:  ;)

I knew Mr Vader, or the actor who played him anyway  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 18, 2023, 11:59:05 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 18, 2023, 11:25:32 AMVader will not be happy  :angry:  ;)

I worked with a bloke who knew his son.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 19, 2023, 05:18:41 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 18, 2023, 11:59:05 PM

I worked with a bloke who knew his son.

When you were in London ? Dave Prowse (Darth Vader) was from S Norwood and his other claim to fame was as the Green Cross Code Man. That's when we met him whilst training at Croydon Arena. Yes at one time I used to train and to farther show my age was a decent half miler. None of this 800 metres nonsense  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Madhatter

Its been a while since I last updated this but I have been working on it. Still no sign of my fiber cable so will now need to look at sourcing from somewhere else. In the mean time, I have been making some more buildings and working on the ship itself.
Starting with the ship, I have penciled in the panel lines using a 0.03mm mechanical pencil and a cut up credit card. I'm debating whether or not to take some of them back but I quite like it as is.

And finally, a rough layout of the taller buildings for the base. I am waiting on some silicone molding stuff to arrive this coming Tuesday as I want to cast some of the newer pieces. Once that's done, I can start finishing off these structures and getting them detailed ready for lighting and painting

Well, that's it for now, but will be back again soon.
As always, thanks for stopping in and having a look
Si

NARSES2

That's looking stunning and your patience is just  :bow:

Old Wombat

It never gets less awe inspiring, mate, I kid thee not! :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Thus is still blowing my mind everytime I look at this..epic is such a understatement and I'm no where intellectual enough to find that word. :thumbsup:  :bow:  :bow:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Madhatter

thanks guys - gad to see there is some interest still present - even Coming up tot he 5 year mark!
I made my molds today and even pumped out casting  :thumbsup: So, tonight, I shall finish off penciling in the panels and tomorrow make a start on the rest of the buildings. Finally, some progress  ;D

Old Wombat

Meh! What's a few years between friends? ;)  :thumbsup:

Madhatter

finished the hull this afternoon. Now for the top panels etc

So far so good:

Well, that's it for now but thanks for looking

Si

Old Wombat

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng