Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

Started by sykotik, August 17, 2018, 11:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Helps?

I'm AWESTRUCK at the minute-ness of all those details. I reckon you must be 1/1000 scale yourself!  :o :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 08, 2019, 09:36:45 PM

I'm AWESTRUCK at the minute-ness of all those details. I reckon you must be 1/1000 scale yourself!  :o :o

Either that or a neuro surgeon who works on things like this to relax  ;)

Every time I look at it I'm just more and more amazed  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 13, 2019, 06:56:46 AM

I remember reading ages ago, in I think FSM, about a dentist who built a 1/48 scale Cleveland-class (IIRC, it has been 30 or so years) cruiser...and set it up for RC.  Just to run in the pond on his property.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

sykotik

LOL - I wish I had the money of a Neuro surgeon! Nor am I a dentist
Truth be told, I am a Fraud Investigator for a bank, so in a way, details count  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Quote from: scooter on July 13, 2019, 08:23:24 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 13, 2019, 06:56:46 AM

I remember reading ages ago, in I think FSM, about a dentist who built a 1/48 scale Cleveland-class (IIRC, it has been 30 or so years) cruiser...and set it up for RC.  Just to run in the pond on his property.

You could sit inside one that size and drive it.
Which Iain M Banks book features miniature one man battleships which fight each other on a network of ponds?  It's one of the later ones like The Algebracist.

Quote from: sykotik on July 13, 2019, 08:55:11 PM
LOL - I wish I had the money of a Neuro surgeon! Nor am I a dentist
Truth be told, I am a Fraud Investigator for a bank, so in a way, details count  :thumbsup:

From one evil empire to another...
;D

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

sykotik

So, here I am with another update.
The roof is finished - or finished enough for now. It's looking pretty good to me. It's hard trying to keep it all in scale but I think I am doing alright.
A test fit of the bridge and neck was okay but I had to remove some stuff off the back left sidewall to allow the neck to slide all the way in. The fit is not the best - I'll be honest, I'm not sure if it's all me, or part me and part kit or just the kit itself. Either way, I'll have to think carefully about how the final construction is going to go.

Well, that's me done for another couple of weeks I think. I'll be making a start on the lower level sidewalls tonight hopefully, then the main body which will be very time consuming I think.
Till then
Adios amigos

Si

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

I have to wipe the sweat from my brow just looking at this work  :bow: :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sykotik

LOL - I sweat too when I look at it although I dare say for a different reason :D
Made a start on the lower sidewalls last night - got as far as making 3 shelves before I called it a night. I really need to pick up the pace a bit

Old Wombat

Just don't burn yourself out, mate! If you need to take a break for a few weeks or months, we'll still be here, hangin' out! :thumbsup:

sykotik

I've already had a couple month break from it and I want to be able to put this in next years Expo, so I had best get a shuffle on.
I've just made 2 little hangar bays for the side walls. I'm not sure they actually exist on the actual filming models but I don't care. I like them and the parts look like they should be hangars. VIP hangars in my case. Be interesting to see if anyone actually notices them once it's on display.  ;D

PR19_Kit

That'll depend of on they can actually SEE them!  :o

Perhaps you should have an electron microscope as an integral part of the display, so people can appreciate the mega-small details?  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 19, 2019, 09:34:09 PM
That'll depend of on they can actually SEE them!  :o

Perhaps you should have an electron microscope as an integral part of the display, so people can appreciate the mega-small details?  ;D ;)

:thumbsup: ;D ;D ;D :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: sykotik on July 19, 2019, 08:52:32 PM
so I had best get a shuffle on.

Shouldn't that be "shuttle" ?

I'll get my coat  :angel:

sykotik

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 20, 2019, 02:13:24 AM

Shouldn't that be "shuttle" ?

I'll get my coat  :angel:

bah dom *tish*  ;D ;D ;D

LOL, you can see them - the inserts are nearly 1 centimeter square and although the opening is only 7mm wide by 4mm high - it's still enough to see into.