Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

Started by sykotik, August 17, 2018, 11:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Madhatter

Thanks guys

I was lucky to get some free time this afternoon, so I took some pictures of where I am currently up to

I have been working on this as well as the Batmobile and have actually got quite a bit done. I have cemented my base plans and I'll show you a picture later on of what I have in mind. So, I have been casting multiple copies of my very expensive 3D printed DS tile ready to layout on the sheet and that has consumed a fair amount of time so far, but TBH, it's not hard to mix up a batch of resin  and make a copy while waiting for the spuds to cook or what have you.

The surface detailing is coming along nicely. The main concentrations have been finished and now its just time to fill it out and then crack on with the side walls (what I have also started but not got very far with)

And this is rough layout of how the base is going to go:

Well, that's it for this update, but the next one will likely be the completion of the lower hull and more work on the base

As always, thanks for continually coming in here and having a look

Si

Old Wombat

You'd think I'd be used to it by now but, nope, I'm always in awe! :bow:

buzzbomb

cannot help myself.. I see and update that says Zvesda, first click

Simon.. the detail is just Stellar.

Madhatter

Thanks guys  :thumbsup:
I'm really happy with how the base is coming together. I've reorientated the channel direction as well. It'll look so much better when the layers come in.
I need to take another molding of the master and a good cast example to make a 2 part mold. Increase productivity a bit
Im also pretty happy with my scratch built tractor beam thingies too. Saved me buying 3D parts

NARSES2

Quote from: Madhatter on October 26, 2020, 08:43:38 PM

The surface detailing is coming along nicely.

And the winner in this years "Art of Understatement Class" is ...........................  ;) :bow:

The level of detail knocks spots off a lot of cinema and t.v. props. As always I'm simply stunned.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 27, 2020, 07:16:38 AM

And the winner in this years "Art of Understatement Class" is ...........................  ;) :bow:

The level of detail knocks spots off a lot of cinema and t.v. props. As always I'm simply stunned.

EXACTLY my own thoughts Chris, it's AWESOME!  :o :o :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Madhatter

Hi everyone

Thought I would update this quickly while I had some spare time. As I have said previously, I have made a good start on the base. Most of my time has been spent making casts but I have actually cemented stuff together. The main service trench has been made and I am now making the lower level details. I've tried to make it look under construction but I think I may have made it also look like it's destroyed. Not sure which yet.naturally, there will be some lighting in amongst all this to give it more life.

I've quite enjoying making the base so far and if it goes like what's in my head, then this will be awesome. Maybe even better than the ship? Too early to say but here's where I am at currently:

Well, that's it for now but once I'll update again once I have something worthwhile showing

As always, thanks for stopping by and having a look

Si

zenrat

This goes no way towards assuaging my doubts about your mental health...

:o ;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

May be an idea to lighten it up a bit, & maybe add some bare metal accents? :unsure:

Otherwise, I'm still in awe. :thumbsup: ;D

buzzbomb

Nup.. out of superlatives.

Your level of effort is exhausting me.. and I am only watching :o

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: buzzbomb on November 09, 2020, 02:48:46 AM
Nup.. out of superlatives.

Your level of effort is exhausting me.. and I am only watching :o

Sums up my thoughts perfectly  :bow:

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 27, 2020, 07:16:38 AM

The thing is that the prop builders for films and T.. shows have a limited amount of time where as sykotik can take as long as he likes

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....