Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

Started by sykotik, August 17, 2018, 11:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug K

Quote from: zenrat on December 08, 2020, 01:41:21 AM
My dream job as a kid was to make models for Thunderbirds et al.

Mine too, but I couldn't afford to go to the National Film School in Beaconsfield back in '83. It would have been the same class as Nick Park of Wallace & Gromit fame....

Madhatter

Here is where I am with my armature and power connection:

I'm thinking I may rebuild the plug but it works all the same. The bottom bracket will screw into the base for added strength. Once it's all finished, I'll paint it matte black

Madhatter

hey everyone

Dusting this one off to show that I have actually started back on this yet again.
Have begun the fun task of detailing the side walls, starting off with the front. This is pretty much where I left off in the last update but I am now more advanced along. Although it may not look it, a heap of small details have been added to the lips of the 2 hull halves. Whilst they don't look like much on their own, when you add the rest of it together, it fills the spaces nicely.

I'm almost done for the front with only the right side front panel left to do which won't take long. Then naturally I'll make my way down the sides. I also have to add details to the under sides of the top half of the ship which I missed the first time round. I thought i was done detailing the top bit but alas, no

Enough words, here's some pics:

I'm often asked for a size reference.Maybe this may help:

Anyway, that's all I have for now but I'll update once I'm fully finished the trenches.

Thanks for stopping by and for those who are actually still following this - you get an extra thanks for your enduring patience with me while I fumble my way through this

Till next time!

Si

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Madhatter on April 12, 2021, 12:01:45 AM

WHAAAAATTTTTT????

I thought it was all very awe inspiring before, but seeing how small it is now makes me wonder how the DEVIL you do all that tiny work!

Never has any one of us had a more appropriate ID on here!!!!!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: Madhatter on April 12, 2021, 12:01:45 AM

Utter madness.  But you should have painted your hand green  :wacko: :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

I'm always impressed by your detailing, mate, so no change of opinion here. Possibly because I already had a fair to middling idea of how small it was.  ;)

However, your detailing always makes them look much bigger in the photo's. ;D :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Madhatter

thank you guys  :thumbsup:

So, I finally got round to finishing off the spot lights up front and thought I'd do a dry fit /light test, and thought I would share my happy results

Yes, I probably should have gone with cool white, but I prefer the look of the warmer white.

Well, that's it but feel free to share your thoughts - good or bad.

As always, thanks for looking

Si

Old Wombat

buzzbomb

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

I like the warmer white as well, especially if the interior is lit with cool white or brighter.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Madhatter

Thanks guys for the kind posts  :thumbsup:
The interior lights will so be warm white and orange but I'm thinking about adding in some cool white lights here and there to break up the mononity of warm white

Madhatter

Hi everyone

Thought I would update this while I have some spare time.

Work continues on the sidewalls with only one wall left on the starboard side and only 2.5 left to do on the other

I am pretty happy with how its coming along.

I haven't quite finished the one above but I'm pretty much there

I'll post another update when I have finished the whole side

thanks as always for looking

Si

Old Wombat