Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

Started by sykotik, August 17, 2018, 11:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Only 'pretty' happy?  :-\

I'd be ECSTATIC if I'd produced something like that!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Madhatter

Thanks guys! Yeah, I guess I kinda undersold how happy I am with it. I sometimes look at it and have to remind myself that I have done that work to it.   :o

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 02, 2021, 11:58:48 PM
F_ck that's good! :blink: :bow:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 03, 2021, 01:35:30 AM
Only 'pretty' happy?  :-\

I'd be ECSTATIC if I'd produced something like that!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What they said.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Madhatter

thank you :)

I had the top on briefly tonight whilst I was marking out where the next load of floodlights were going to go and I added the roof etc just to see how its looking. I am really happy with how it's looking!  :thumbsup:
(just do what I do and look past the current gaps :D )

I thought it's looking pretty frickin' cool myself. I just took those 3 pics just then as I thought it looked good enough to share. Never mind the extraordinary orange wall behind. I try to forget it myself

thanks again

Si

Old Wombat

I should be getting used to this by now, I guess, but ...

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Another giant glue bottle owner...

What's wrong with the orange?  Two of the walls in my lounge room are that colour.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

buzzbomb

if only I was as clever with GIF's as Guy is ; I would try something similar.

Awesome work, Still, Again, As normal, As expected.

All of the above.

Madhatter

thanks guys!  :thumbsup:
The orange walls are just a tad too bright for my taste, Not worried about it as we're knocking the house down and rebuilding  ;D

scooter

Quote from: Madhatter on May 08, 2021, 07:07:23 PM
The orange walls are just a tad too bright for my taste, Not worried about it as we're knocking the house down and rebuilding  ;D

Waiting until wood prices drop down to something more reasonable (if they ever do)?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Tad drastic ? Wouldn't a coat of paint be sufficient ?  ;) :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on May 09, 2021, 02:20:58 AM

Waiting until wood prices drop down to something more reasonable (if they ever do)?

Tell me about it Scoot. I couldn't believe the price I was quoted for something the other week  :o
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Madhatter

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 09, 2021, 07:02:31 AM

Tad drastic ? Wouldn't a coat of paint be sufficient ?  ;) :angel:

LOL, not knocking it down because of the paint colour   ;D  the new place will be much more toned down

Madhatter

Hi everyone

Time for an update. I have pretty much finished detailing the sidewalls on the starboard side and now just need to do the port side. Once the all of the detailing is done, I'll drill out the windows and then paint them ready for fiber installation.

I am very happy with how its all come out!

Anyways, that's it for now, but I will update again once the other side is finished

Thanks for looking in

Si

Pellson

I really don't know what to say about this. It's too good, really!
You might have stated it, but I've missed it - what scale are you working to?
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!