Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

Started by sykotik, August 17, 2018, 11:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyer

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 10, 2022, 09:54:14 PM
Besides, what's with that big detachable lump on top of it? :unsure:

That's going to throw out its thrust axis of symmetry something awful! :o

Makes it look like some sort of futuristic airbrush... :unsure:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Madhatter

LMAO!! I will resist don't worry.  :thumbsup:
I personally really love this ship. You do have to ask what drugs the guy who looked at his airbrush and said to himself "that looks like a cool starship" was on though. I want some....

Old Wombat

It didn't click but that's exactly what it is! ;D ;D ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

It's even got the button to press on the top.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 11, 2022, 12:59:16 AM
It's even got the button to press on the top.  ;D

Along with the connection to the compressor and spray adjustment.

Quote from: Madhatter on August 10, 2022, 10:29:22 PM
LMAO!! I will resist don't worry.  :thumbsup:
I personally really love this ship. You do have to ask what drugs the guy who looked at his airbrush and said to himself "that looks like a cool starship" was on though. I want some....

I'm thinking the really heavy ones that certain three letter agencies were testing out in the 60s
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: Madhatter on August 10, 2022, 07:22:32 AM

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 10, 2022, 06:45:45 AM
Quote from: Madhatter on August 10, 2022, 06:19:01 AM
Definitely not the Death Star anymore is it. It's more like a mechanical-industrial planet.  ;D

Yup, or maybe a mining spacecraft. One that travels the galaxy, lands on a planet, mines/sucks it dry and then moves on ? Where's Will Smith when you need him  ;)

Trying to win back fans I dare say  ;D

Yup  ;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Madhatter

hey again

Got one building done and primed and have started on the second one. I'm hoping to have the first one painted by the weekend. I have already drilled out the holes where the fibers will be going. I lost count after 50 and 8 drill bits later

The good news is it won't require a lot big lengths of fiber. I am contemplating sticking in just little bits of fiber and flood lighting the entire inside but I am not sure I can get much light through the top sections. They'd require longer lengths I think. Also, there would not be enough room to angle an LED bright enough to fill the space... unless I used SMD strip?

Enough pondering, here are the pics. I used my phone and not my proper camera coz I can't be faffed getting it all set up

In black primer with a very light white primer highlight coat brings it all together nicely

And together with the new building. I drilled out some vents on the side of the tower and I'll stick in some strips of clear sanded styrene to cover the openings from the inside. With a red LED shining up from the bottom it'll look pretty cool with the sanded styrene diffusing the light nicely. At least - that's the plan

and lastly, the new position of both on the surface:

Well, I think I have bored you all enough, but as always, please feel free to critique or suggest anything that could be improved. Like, share, subscribe... LOL

I watch way too much Youtube!

Thanks for looking

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

So the squares on the cutting mat are 1 cm square, are they?

That just makes it even more AWESOME!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 15, 2022, 06:22:35 AM
So the squares on the cutting mat are 1 cm square, are they?

1/2 inch, I reckon, Kit, but close enough for Government work.

Quote from: Madhatter on August 15, 2022, 05:05:15 AM
The good news is it won't require a lot big lengths of fiber. I am contemplating sticking in just little bits of fiber and flood lighting the entire inside but I am not sure I can get much light through the top sections. They'd require longer lengths I think. Also, there would not be enough room to angle an LED bright enough to fill the space... unless I used SMD strip?

Si, asking me about model lighting is like asking a monkey about particle physics. :blink:

Well, I think I have bored you all enough, but as always, please feel free to critique or suggest anything that could be improved. Like, share, subscribe... LOL

Never bored with your posts, mate! :thumbsup:

I watch way too much Youtube!

You ain't Robinson Crusoe there, old son! :rolleyes:

Thanks for looking

Always a pleasure! Thank you for posting! :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Madhatter

Thankyou for the kind posts everyone
Kit, you're right, those squares are 1cm

I'll be posting a couple of "bonus"  pics shortly  :thumbsup:

Madhatter

Quick couple of extra shots showing how high the SD sits above the base:

DogfighterZen

I can't believe that i've only seen this build now... Excellent work on everything! :bow: :bow:
I haven't read everything yet but i will have to go back to the beginning and go through all the other 23 pages of this when i have more time. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit