Fairey Zander

Started by 63cpe, August 18, 2018, 11:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on October 17, 2018, 03:27:55 AM

Did you contemplate making the folding mechanisms functional?

I've been trying to do that for a 'production' B20 (the Blackburn Bolton BIII..... ;)) and it's not easy as I reckon the pivot points for two of the struts have to translate fore and aft.  :banghead:

Either that or they slide upwards into the hull......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 17, 2018, 03:40:35 AM
Quote from: zenrat on October 17, 2018, 03:27:55 AM

Did you contemplate making the folding mechanisms functional?

I've been trying to do that for a 'production' B20 (the Blackburn Bolton BIII..... ;)) and it's not easy as I reckon the pivot points for two of the struts have to translate fore and aft.  :banghead:

Either that or they slide upwards into the hull......
Looking at this pic...

...I reckon the more upright shiny struts slide up into the hull.  As they appear to be round in section (the others look oval) could they be hydraulic rams?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

My thoughts are on similar lines.

The shiniest strut has quite a large clearance hole where it vanishes into the hull too, but it's odd there's no sign of the cylinder portion of the jack at all. I'd have thought at least the end cap would have been in view, but then this IS Blackburn we're talking about............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Fascinating photo Zen, one I've not seen. Cheers  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

That one's very handy, it's the only pic of the B.20 I've ever seen that shows details of the underside of the fuselage.

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 17, 2018, 06:38:53 AM

Linked to from the website of the company known in certain circles as Unicrap.
There are more here.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 18, 2018, 03:21:10 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on October 17, 2018, 06:38:53 AM

Linked to from the website of the company known in certain circles as Unicrap.
There are more here.

Cheers. I knew someone did a kit, forgot it was them  :-\ Oddly I was only looking at the Unicraft section of the stash this morning, I've taken my medication now so they've gone back  ;) No, if in the right mood I can quite enjoy them in a odd way, but I have to be in the right mood.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

That's the 'kit' I have of the B.20, gifted to me by The Venerable Mike McEvoy no less.  :thumbsup:

It'd be lots of work to build it into even a standard B.20, but doing anything Whiffish with it will take a LONG time, but I relish the challenge.  ;D

Regards
Kit