Blohm und Voss BV141 L

Started by loupgarou, August 22, 2018, 03:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

Having found a cheap BV 141 at the Mons (Belgium) show, I couldn't resist starting a project I had thought of long ago.
Spot the difference:

For the moment I'll be stopping here as I don't have painting facilities here, and don't want to bring back to Moon Main base a model with fragile parts atttached.
My dream would be to show it in a diorama with a "regular" BV 141 and some airmen scratching their heads.   :wacko:

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Didn't someone on here do that a couple of years ago?

At first you can't see anything wrong, but then it dawns on you.  ;D  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Quite possibly. Most everything has been done here. ;)
The final spark for my build was the Bristol 142m-2.  :thumbsup:
In my model designation, L stands for links, of course. Cockpit is on the left. Regular BV 141 should be called BV 141 R, for rechts.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Old Wombat

Clearly in your universe WW2 never happened & B&V sold the BV141 to places like the UK, Australia, New Zealand & Japan, where we all drive on the opposite side of the road to Europe & the Americas, so the obvious thing to do was to build their BV141's the opposite way around, hence to BV141L, as opposed to the Euro-American BV141R.

BTW shouldn't it be the other way around? After all, we drive right-hand drive cars & you guys drive left-hand drive cars! :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

loupgarou

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 22, 2018, 04:16:07 AM
Clearly in your universe WW2 never happened & B&V sold the BV141 to places like the UK, Australia, New Zealand & Japan, where we all drive on the opposite side of the road to Europe & the Americas, so the obvious thing to do was to build their BV141's the opposite way around, hence to BV141L, as opposed to the Euro-American BV141R.

BTW shouldn't it be the other way around? After all, we drive right-hand drive cars & you guys drive left-hand drive cars! :-\

That's a very profound question! If Shakespeare had known it, he would have written a better tragedy about it, instead of that silly Hamlet.  ;D

63cpe

Great idea Loupgarou.....! at last an BV-141 to fight the Bristol 142-M2 on the right side......right?!

b29r

Great concept and neat work so far!  Looking forward to more of this interesting build.  And you're right, most everything has been done here  ;).  And Lord forgive us for things that are yet to come  :wacko:.

Best regards,
Kem

Caveman

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 22, 2018, 03:27:26 AM
Didn't someone on here do that a couple of years ago?

At first you can't see anything wrong, but then it dawns on you.  ;D  ;)

Guilty

http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,40194.msg673386.html#msg673386
secretprojects forum migrant

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]