A Harrier Built for Two! The Harrier T6

Started by Gondor, August 27, 2018, 04:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug K

Quote from: Devilfish on September 11, 2018, 04:32:48 AM
Quote from: Doug K on September 01, 2018, 02:24:25 PM
Francis K Mason's Harrier book (which I've had for 30 years) shows a side by side trainer study before the prototype even flew. Looking forward to seeing this one.

What about the tuning fork trainer?  That would be an impressive build too!

Yeah, that would look weird

Doug K

Quote from: silverwindblade on September 15, 2018, 02:55:44 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a 'tuning fork trainer' ?

Imagine 2 single seat cockpits side by side with the air intake for the Pegasus in the middle. I can't find an image right now!

kitnut617

There used to be a 1/72 kit of it, damned if I can find who did it. I thought Unicraft, but it might have been Heritage Aviation.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Yes, Heritage.

I've got one somewhere, an ugly little brute it is too.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Not shown of Heritage's website (it's now called Kits for Cash). Maybe AlleyCat has the moulds as that outfit bought all the moulds Heritage decided to sell off.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

silverwindblade

Quote from: Doug K on September 15, 2018, 09:34:40 AM
Imagine 2 single seat cockpits side by side with the air intake for the Pegasus in the middle. I can't find an image right now!

I had wondered if that was what it meant, but thought that was too bizarre to be true... nice to know that the real world is just as barmy as What If sometimes...!
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!

Old Wombat

Quote from: silverwindblade on September 16, 2018, 02:34:46 PM

I had wondered if that was what it meant, but thought that was too bizarre to be true... nice to know that the real world is just as barmy as What If sometimes...!

Sometimes it's barmier. :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Doug K

:thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

If I find my kit of it I'll post a pic of the backing card, it's the only bit that shows the whole aircraft.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Doug K

Quote from: Doug K on September 21, 2018, 09:21:04 AM

:thumbsup:

I finally got home from Tokyo and remember I had to dig this out, forgive the crappy shot from Francis K Mason's book.

IMG_1449 by doug_alba, on Flickr

zenrat

I like the one with the backseat driver (I can't read the label).

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Thanks for posting the picture Doug K  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Scotaidh

That's a much heavier install than the tandem cockpit - could the Pegasus of the day even lift that?   Also, how is the IP supposed to see and correct the student pilot's mistakes?
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Doug K

Quote from: Scotaidh on September 30, 2018, 04:13:22 AM
That's a much heavier install than the tandem cockpit - could the Pegasus of the day even lift that?   Also, how is the IP supposed to see and correct the student pilot's mistakes?

All very good questions :)