Main Menu

Tornado F6

Started by PR19_Kit, August 28, 2018, 05:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 01, 2018, 09:19:08 AM
What about a BoB commemorative scheme? :unsure:

How about an RAF 100 commemorative scheme?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 01, 2018, 03:20:46 PM
These horizontally joined fuselages never seem to match up as nicely as vertically joined ones, and always need more filing and PSR work in my experience.  :banghead:

Yup, no idea why. I've one on the go at the moment and it's proving a little obstinate  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

What you need are wing "gloves" inside the fuselage which you insert the wings after the fuselage work is done, Kit.  Just a few horizontal pieces of plastic which hold the wing roots in place and which you glue them into.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Yes, that'd work. If only............

It got worse during the PSR stage, now BOTH swivelling pylons have snapped off.  :banghead:

The PSR's not going too badly though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Scotaidh

I had that problem with the single F3 I built a long time ago (late '80s).   :banghead:  I feel your pain, as someone once said.

My completely theoretical solution - I've thought about it but never actually done it - is to insert a tube sideways inside the fuselage, into which would fit a smaller tube joining the horizontal stabilizers.  I've never done the 'theory-to-practice' though, so I don't know if it'd actually work.

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

zenrat

Quote from: Scotaidh on September 03, 2018, 02:42:15 AM
I had that problem with the single F3 I built a long time ago (late '80s).   :banghead:  I feel your pain, as someone once said.

My completely theoretical solution - I've thought about it but never actually done it - is to insert a tube sideways inside the fuselage, into which would fit a smaller tube joining the horizontal stabilizers.  I've never done the 'theory-to-practice' though, so I don't know if it'd actually work.

Thats how I attached the wings on the Javelina and ensured that they tilted together.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 02, 2018, 11:08:37 PM

It got worse during the PSR stage, now BOTH swivelling pylons have snapped off.  :banghead:

What I've done when I had a similar problem, was to find some small diameter aluminum tubing (it doesn't have to be exact size of the broken pin though), I drilled through both sides of the wing glove after measuring where the broken pin was. Then I drilled out the wing hole to suit the tubing. After gluing it in place with your favorite glue, I then filled the new pin with putty to clean up the 'see-through' pin.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Dizzyfugu

Hmm, progress seems to stall here - I took Kit's build as an inspiration and add an updated Tornado ADV (in my case the F.6, so that the sequential order is kept  ;)) to the RAF Cenetenary GB.  ;D

PR19_Kit

Yes, my F5 has come to a stop for the moment I'm afraid.

Planning my Mum's funeral is taking up much of my time this week, and I'll be taking a week's holiday afterward so things probably won't get going for a while.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

All good! Self & family always come first! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

After almost 4 yrs I've re-started the F5. Actually I think it should be an F6 as it's an F3 with an F3 conversion added to it.  ;)

I've lost both the tailplane halves, so I have my eye on another F3 on ebay, but quite what I'll do with the rest of it goodness knows.

LOTS of PSR going on with the project while I'm on holiday, and it's not looking too bad, but I'll have to visit the local Halfords as I have no Grey Primer with me. There may even be pics later in the week.  ;D

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I've some Airfix ones spare if they are any use?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 02, 2022, 11:09:59 AM

I've some Airfix ones spare if they are any use?

Yes please Lee.  :thumbsup:

I'll PM you my current address, or what it will be when I get back of hols next Monday anyway.

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Much looking forward to this!  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!