Main Menu

Tornado F6

Started by PR19_Kit, August 28, 2018, 05:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

First coat of primer on the front end of the F6 now, and it's coming up quite nicely. A bit more PSR's needed round the jetpipes, and then I can prime the rear too, but I suspect the air brakes will need a LOT of PSR as they've shrunk into the fuselage. :(

The intakes fit pretty badly, VERY badly on the port side, and they'll need a lot of filing etc.

But it's getting there anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 31, 2018, 10:20:54 AM
After some time spent filing the joint faces, here it is all back together again.
Will there be pictures? The last one seems so long ago... :-\ :unsure: <_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

It WAS a long time ago, almost 4 yrs!

Yes, should post at least one later this evening with luck.

A bumper bundle of Tornado enhancing stuff has just been ordered from the Big H, to be ready when I get back from holiday on Monday hopefully.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 03, 2022, 09:26:04 AM
when I get back from holiday on Monday hopefully.  ;D
At your age Kit (retired I hope) aren't you in forever holydays? ;)

PR19_Kit

Hehehehe, you bet I am, in theory anyway. The late Mrs_PR19 & I used to call every day a Saturday, we had a Monday Saturday, a Tuesday Saturday etc. etc.  ;D

But this is an 'away from my usual place of abode' week, and living in a hotel with food and live music in the evenings etc.

Plus a little modelling of course, and here's the F6 in it's current primed and PSR'd state.

It's not doing too bad, the extensions are pretty much invisible now, and I've just a tad more PSR needed around the air brakes and the fuselage side joints.

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Thanks for the explanation and for the picture! :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 04, 2022, 06:12:45 AM

Anything decent ?

The in-house 3-piece band, Central Park, are really good, and their female lead singer, Rachel, is SENSATIONAL! She can sing anything from Micheal Buble to Kool & the Gang and make it sound right. Her 'Celebration' by K&TG was amazing! Sadly I can't find a link to the band, not that particular one anyway.

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The F6 now has intakes and the FIN!

Not for nothing was the Tornado known as 'The Mighty Fin' in the RAF, it's MASSIVE, and so it is on the model too.

The intakes'll need a bit of PSR, but the FIN looks fine as it is.

Oh yes, the intakes are meant to stick up above the fuselage upper surface at their aft end, that's a permanent air bleed vent.

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Thats starting to come along nicely mate..what colours are ya going for with this ?
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

That's a good question.

The RAF's normal all over grey for the F3s would be pretty darn boring, and I've got a couple of decal sheets en route for special schemes. It might be a 75th or 100th anniversary scheme, or one for a display aircraft, not sure yet, but it WON'T be all over grey!

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Yeah gray is boring and all over gray shows a serious lack of imagination .
Special schemes can be very impressive like the planes with the Tiger meet paint jobs..some of those are incredible .
Dont know if you want to go to that extreme  :lol:
I do like the Tornados with a heavily worn desert paint...a ton of weathering can be dont there.
Will be interested to see what ya come up with .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

How a about desert pink? Maybe the F.6 had been deployed along with the Buccaneers, flying aerial cover for them, to the Gulf region?

I remember when I built my spiritual "sister ship" and was also not enticed by the original grey RAF livery, so that I went for a darker variant, somewhat inspired by the (many different grey) Lightning schemes. Still grey, though.

The Wooksta!

Xtradecal did a one off sheet for Finescale Modeller with one option for a 65 Sqn aircraft in 75th anniversary markings. You may be able to get one off eBay.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 05, 2022, 04:43:34 AM
Xtradecal did a one off sheet for Finescale Modeller with one option for a 65 Sqn aircraft in 75th anniversary markings. You may be able to get one off eBay.

I have that set and if Kit wants it its his, if not it will stay in my stash.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....