Main Menu

Tornado F6

Started by PR19_Kit, August 28, 2018, 05:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Aircraft have used disc brakes for decades, multi-disc packages much of the time too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

One of the first ones was the F-82 Twin Mustang
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Thanks to The Wooksta's generosity I now have two new tailplanes for the F6, but they're being modified to match the extended tips I'd done on the original Italeri ones. Naturally the Airfix tails are quite a different shape to the Italeri ones  :banghead:  so they've needed a more extensive 'upgrade', buy they'll be good when they're done.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The F6 now has its full complement of flying surfaces and looks much more as I tended, with the extended wing tips nicely matching up to the re-shaped and extended tailplanes when the wings are swept.

I can really start to think about the colour scheme now.

You cannot view this attachment.  You cannot view this attachment. 

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Elegant, and very subtle, too.  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Thanks so much Thomas, it's meant to be subtle.   ;)

But it's SO subtle I may have to build a stock F3 to stand alongside it so people notice.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

LOL, I know the problem from some of my builds, too. Sometimes the hardware changes are massive, but the whole package looks so simple/natural that differences to the "real thing" are hard to make out, even for the trained eye.
Looking forward to see some paint on your ADV Tonka.  <_<

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Nice work. Always loved those machines. Sad that they've come and gone already
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 11, 2022, 08:43:45 AMThe F6 now has its full complement of flying surfaces and looks ;)  much more as I tended, with the extended wing tips nicely matching up to the re-shaped and extended tailplanes when the wings are swept.

I can really start to think about the colour scheme now.

You cannot view this attachment.  You cannot view this attachment. 

Really, really nice! Are you sure you won't correct the power issue, I.e go for EJ200's? ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on September 13, 2022, 10:00:20 PMReally, really nice! Are you sure you won't correct the power issue, I.e go for EJ200's? ;)

It's got base burning, does it really need EJ200s?  ;D

It'd only be a change of exhaust nozzles, wouldn't it? Or would it be just a change in the (already OVER complex....  :o ) backstory?

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 14, 2022, 02:37:48 AM
Quote from: Pellson on September 13, 2022, 10:00:20 PMReally, really nice! Are you sure you won't correct the power issue, I.e go for EJ200's? ;)

It's got base burning, does it really need EJ200s?  ;D

It'd only be a change of exhaust nozzles, wouldn't it? Or would it be just a change in the (already OVER complex....  :o ) backstory?

Change/rebuild of nozzles. Like my Tornado F.5, remember?  ;)

You cannot view this attachment.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

The Wooksta!

Camo? Standard greys with the 65 sqn 75th anniversary markings. Make it very subtle.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on September 14, 2022, 01:19:14 PMChange/rebuild of nozzles. Like my Tornado F.5, remember?  ;)

I can't find the build for that, can you give me a link please?

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 14, 2022, 02:26:00 PMCamo? Standard greys with the 65 sqn 75th anniversary markings. Make it very subtle.

I wanted to get away from grey, maybe invent some 'High Altitude Blue' shade? But I like commem markings, oh yes.

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 14, 2022, 02:52:01 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 14, 2022, 02:26:00 PMCamo? Standard greys with the 65 sqn 75th anniversary markings. Make it very subtle.

I wanted to get away from grey, maybe invent some 'High Altitude Blue' shade? But I like commem markings, oh yes.

I know you want to get away from grey, but what about ADC Grey?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng