747SP and loads of spares, $9.5 million

Started by AS.12, August 29, 2018, 11:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AS.12

The famous Qatari 747SP VP-BAT is up for sale.

http://vp-bat.com/

89 passenger Head of State interior.
Onboard "Fly Away Kit" which contains spare replacement for every AOG item contained safely in two LD3 containers.
Two spare engines.
Spare Auxiliary Power Unit.
Two spare nose wheels and two spare main wheels contained in third LD3 container.

I could just live in it, never mind flying it around!

PR19_Kit

A snip at that price, it's just about big enough to take all the stuff in my Loft and my built models too.  :thumbsup:

IIRC that was the most expensive 747 ever mad when it was built.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 30, 2018, 03:37:08 AM

Freudian slip Kit ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 30, 2018, 07:04:02 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 30, 2018, 03:37:08 AM

Freudian slip Kit ?  ;)

Total inattention to reading the post after I'd written it actually.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Definitely Freudian but I think most appropriate in this case.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

sandiego89

I'm gonna pass on this one. I always considered the SP with its short fuselage to be a bit funny looking, and I don't want my tycoon/sheik/rich despot buddies laughing at me...
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

I flew in an SP once, but not like THAT one!

I was in South Africa and wanted a flight back from Cape Town, but BA didn't fly that route, and suggested I flew SAL to Frankfurt and then BA back to UK. It turned out that SAL used SPs on that routing as in the days of apartheid they were not allowed to fly over mainland Africa and flew all the way around the bulge of the African west coast.

I was astonished that a) we weren't going to stop anywhere, and b) that they showed TWO films as the flight was so long!  :o

The food was brill though.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Quote from: sandiego89 on August 30, 2018, 09:52:12 AM
I'm gonna pass on this one. I always considered the SP with its short fuselage to be a bit funny looking, and I don't want my tycoon/sheik/rich despot buddies laughing at me...

It should be named SD.  Looks like a caricature of a 747.  That said I find it kinda cute, I'm particularly fond of the SOFIA observatory, if anyone did an injection kit of it I'd be tempted.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

jcf

Back in 1990-91 when the junk I worked/lived on was still anchored out in Keehi Lagoon off
the end of the Honolulu International reef runway, I used to watch the JAL SPs take off. JAL
operated a business man's "express service' between Honolulu and Narita, the climb out angle
was much steeper than the "normal" airliners. 

Hobbes

AS.12

One of the pair of 747-8 is to be sold, too.  Hard times for Qatar.

zenrat

I'll pass on this one.
I'm saving up for a Concorde.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

To my utter amazement I found I have a resin 1/144 scale Sasquatch conversion fuselage for an SP in The Loft!  :o

I can't ever remember buying it, but it must have cost a pretty penny, it's a LOT of resin! I'm torn now between building that lovely looking Qatari one, the SAL one that I flew in, or the glorious Alliance Air one with the massive lion's head on the tail.

Regards
Kit

kerick

It would be nice for the weekend get away!!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise