Armstrong Whitworth Artemis NF1

Started by 63cpe, September 06, 2018, 03:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

Ok, another entry....hopefully a quick one.... :banghead:

This is the start. A 1/200 XB-35 and a left-over 1/72 Vampire ( Revell boxing):
IMG_20180904_143304649 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Then the vampires fuselage was cut to accept the wings and engines were cut from a Matchbox Meteor-without-canopy. Yes, it's going to be a two seater....
IMG_20180906_112547091 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Then after some cutting, gluing and first PSR-ing this imitation of Gonzo was created.
IMG_20180906_224739616 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180906_224750168 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180906_224806899 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

The putty over the radome will be sanded smooth to fit the nose cone, the vampire's gunbay will be put in it's original place, fairing behind the canopy will be made and last but not least: the wings will be cut to accept the engines a la Armstong Whitworth's AW 52 prototype. Lots to do!

Enjoy your modelling!
David aka 63cpe

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Interesting.  I was hoping for propellers but jets are OK too.  A very long wingspan though.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

From the first photo with the glass in shadow, I thought you had it on floats!!!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Dizzyfugu

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Intriguing and very Luft 46. So one that was brought back by Eric Brown and handed over to A.W. ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Rheged

Quote from: Mossie on September 07, 2018, 04:37:15 AM
From the first photo with the glass in shadow, I thought you had it on floats!!!

That's exactly what I thought!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

63cpe

Thanks gentlemen for the comments. Really appreciated!  :thumbsup:

The earlier pictures don't really show what i meant to show you. The engines are supposed to be in the wings. Completely understandable you interpreted the pictures differently and floats are a nice touch to the concept....I mean anything goes here.... :wub: :wub:

@ Kitbasher: Your right! The Artemis was in fact a lesser know predecessor of the AW Manta. Same planform, same set up but less powerfull engines and radar.

Now, I made some progress today. I wasn't really happy with the nose. So, Off with the nose! and replace it with the nose cone of the Meteor NF 14. Put it full lead to prevent it from being a tailsitter.
Then the butcher came, as Tophe puts it amusingly and the wing got cut. The space where the engines were supposed to get were cut out and the engines were super glued to the fuselage ( sort of tacking technique with super glue in a tiny spot just enough to hold it together but able to correct the parts to sit correctly). Later the outer wings were super glued with the same technique. when all was correct i used more super glue and zap to fix the parts. Later the seams were covered with putty.

IMG_20180907_204011933 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180907_204040708 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180907_220802236 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180907_220811264 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180907_220818837 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Enjoy your modelling!
Cheers!

David aka 63cpe

jalles

Wow, that's looking excellent! I was curious where the engines were going to go, now I know. I really like the new radome, big improvement as far as I'm concerned.  :thumbsup:

63cpe

Thanks Jalles!

Like the Cher says after leaving the Plastic Surgeon : I'm really happy with my new nose... :thumbsup: :wacko:

I'm happy with the new nose too. The resemblance with the AW Manta and the (real) AW 52 is striking IMHO. ;)

Cheers!
David aka 63cpe

Rheged

It's starting to look like a sawn off Javelin.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

ericr

it suddenly gets something Buccaneer-ish, doesn't it?
kitbashing can have so impredictible consequences sometimes ...

:thumbsup: