1/72 Revell Me-262

Started by Leading Observer, September 15, 2018, 12:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leading Observer

Started work on the Revell Me-262 which may or may not make it into the RAF GB and I notice that the interior of the fuselage and outside of the cockpit tub have moulded detail, almost as if the wheel wells should show this, but the once piece wing has these blanked out. Has anyone else opened these up?
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

The Wooksta!

Yes.  I used to do it to sort out the sit of the model. m The 262 has a distinct "tail down" stance on the ground but the kit has a nose down.  Hasegawa got it right and the main u/c legs in the Revell are the same as the hasegawa, but the latter has them as a butt join to the upper wing inner skin, whereas Revell has a roof to the cutout and then a joining lug.  Best way to sort out the sit is to tape up the wing, drill right through the join and the upper wing, then cut out the wheel well roof, revealing all the nice moulded in detail.  The lug fits the hole when the u/c legs go in and a simple swipe of filler sorts out the rest.  Smart kids use the hole and fit the wheels down indicator poles.  The stance is brought down to an acceptable level.

The detail comes from the 48th Monogram - the 72nd was pantographed down from it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Tophe

Quote from: Leading Observer on September 15, 2018, 12:59:40 PM
Me-262 which may or may not make it into the RAF GB
I like this idea of a Britisherman Me-262, serving in the peaceful Royal Airwaffe! Thanks! ;D
(Tophe, pacifist fool)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]