Fairey Ultra light helicopter AH.1 and SH.1

Started by 63cpe, September 21, 2018, 02:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

OK, last project for this GB. Let's get cracking! it doesn't need any kit bashing or putty. So I'm a bit out of my comfortzone here  :mellow: :o

IMG_20180704_190930258 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

All very straightforward eventhough it's all sooooooo tiny... Very small and fiddly bits.
IMG_20180921_105825104 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

How about being tiny! One sits on top of an Humbrol enamel tin:
IMG_20180921_172752832 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

With Rotor semi installed:
IMG_20180921_172837484 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20180921_172842313 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Both the AH.1 (in back ground) and SH.1 side by side with weaponload in front:
IMG_20180921_222550329 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

More later......Enjoy your modelling!

David aka 63CPE

Leading Observer

How many of those go in the back of a Rotodyne?
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Mossie

Rotodyne giving birth to twins???

They look great, not sure why I didn't pick some up last time I was at Telford.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Must admit I couldn't believe how small these were when I saw them at a show - Telford ?

Great work  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

63cpe

Thanks Gentlemen!

@Leading observeren: do you want me to check? I've got an 1/72 Rotodine unbuilt....

Dizzyfugu

Leading Observer

Quote from: 63cpe on September 22, 2018, 11:21:56 AM
Thanks Gentlemen!

@Leading observeren: do you want me to check? I've got an 1/72 Rotodine unbuilt....

If the ULH can be made into a very light gunship, I can see a scenario where troops are delivered into battle by Rotodynes, which also bring in 1 or 2 ULH for on the spot recce and support ;D
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

63cpe

Ok, I'll check...and I'm planning to not only install an AH-6 ripped IR seeker/finder but also put two mg's and two AS11's on rails on it.

I guess it needs an uprated engine... :wacko:

David aka 63cpe

Mossie

I do wonder how the Ultralight may have been developed if it had gone into production.  Like the Skeeter, I can see a four seat version being produced. Pl
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

63cpe

Yeah, why not?! Maybe a four seater might as well look like a Scout with engine below the tailboom.. :thumbsup:

Anyway here's for Leading Observer some pictures:

Situation overview:
IMG_20180922_221322526 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Total length over all for the Ultra light: 6 centimeter (sorry I do in centimeters)
IMG_20180922_221343205 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Total length off the cargohold off the Rotodyne: 18cm...so three will fit minus rotor (probably detachable)
IMG_20180922_221332124 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Heigth check: your clear...just....                        Girth check: your clear...just....and don't have to detach anything.
IMG_20180922_221112264 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

So, your good to go!

Maybe extend your plan to a James Bondish/ Pussy Galore style diorama including two pink Rotodynes and six Ultra Lights with miniguns?!  Ohh....erm....... let me take my medicine here.....ah, yessss...getting better now... :o :o :o :o :o

David aka 63cpe

Old Wombat

For a less dramatic approach, detach the tails (or make them detachable) & fit 4 of the little guys in the 'Dyne! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

What wonderful looking machines!  :thumbsup:

I recall seeing the real thing fly at Farnborough in the 50s and they landed it on the back of a truck while the truck was driving down the runway! It was also VERY noisy for something so small, but that seemed to be par for the course for Fairey stuff in those days!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

63cpe

PR19_Kit

A cracking job you've mad of those teeny weeny thingies, very nice indeed.  :thumbsup:

I'm tempted to get one to go with my Rotocrane, a sort of 'Little & Large' Fairey pairing.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit