Racing/Competition GB ideas (get a jump on your competitors)

Started by jcf, September 22, 2018, 11:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on October 02, 2018, 05:56:42 PM
Good stuff.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
As to R-R, hehehe, well I'm ratrodding an Italeri 1/24th Bugatti Royale.  :wacko:

Great minds etc.
I'm building one of them for a community build on another forum.  I've done too much to enter it in this GB but it's got a scratchbuilt DOHC cylinder head on the 12.7 litre Bugatti straight eight and huge blower on a sheet metal manifold.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 30, 2018, 10:18:18 PM
Nothing is too outrĂ© for this GB as long as it's somehow competitive.  :thumbsup:

"Nothing"?  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Beauty Pageant contestants?

Racing glaciers?

Competitive Boring Object building?*

*Last year's International Boring Object competition (organised by the Bruge Boring Society) was uncharacteristically dramatic due to a schism between those who thought large grey cubes were more boring that small ones and those who thought the reverse. The large grey cube faction held that, since a grey cube was boring, a bigger grey cube was more boring. The counter-argument was that a smaller grey cube was less visually arresting and less of a nuisance than a large one, therefore making it the more boring size. The discussion went on for three days and was only resolved by the committee declaring both large and small grey cubes the joint runners-up, with the discussion itself taking first place.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jcf

Sure, we leave it up to the competitors to figure out how to represent their concept,
we're non-judgemental.

:wacko: :wacko: :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

nighthunter

I just had a brilliant idea. How about T6/SNJ/Harvards as World War II era racing aircraft for each branch. Think demo colors. USAAF: black and gold, USN: Blue Angel Blue and Yellow, USMC: red and yellow, USCG: royal blue with white and red racing stripes, RCAF: Snowbirds scheme, RCN: Yellow and ?, RAF: Red Arrows scheme, FAA: ?
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Mossie

Nice idea.  There have been several RN display teams,  the only two I know with special paint schedule are the Sharks which flew Gazelles in dayglow orange with a black fin and a shark motif, and the current team, the Black Cats who fly lynxes. The lead ship has lynx artwork over the standard grey paintjob.

Sharks
https://www.aviationphotocompany.com/p626913550/h573C1D10

Black Cats
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Cats_(Royal_Navy)
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

CANSO

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: nighthunter on October 05, 2018, 06:44:44 AM
I just had a brilliant idea. How about T6/SNJ/Harvards as World War II era racing aircraft for each branch. Think demo colors. USAAF: black and gold, USN: Blue Angel Blue and Yellow, USMC: red and yellow, USCG: royal blue with white and red racing stripes, RCAF: Snowbirds scheme, RCN: Yellow and ?, RAF: Red Arrows scheme, FAA: ?

There's also the T-6 class at the Reno Races...

zenrat

Fred

proditor

PR19_Kit

Look what I found!  :o :o :o

While grovelling in The Loft looking for car engines for my JPS Racing Team I came across this tiny zip lock bag containing a MINUTE aircraft kit.

As you can see it's more flash than model mould, but you can just about make out the shape. It's a Midget Mustang, a 1948 designed single seater built for Goodyear Trophy pylon racing, and almost 500 of them have been built it's going to be pretty difficult finding a colour scheme that's a Whiff, but I'll have a go anyway.

Oh yes, it's just under 2" long, engine to rudder!

The kit's by Meikraft BTW, and the 'instructions' are a just a small sheet of paper that tells you what it is, a tiny build diagram, but no colour scheme drawings, no nothing.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

:thumbsup:

Good ol' Meikraft they operated on the old maxim about how to be a stone sculptor:
Just remove everything that doesn't look like your subject. :wacko:

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

PR19_Kit

On my laptop screen that pic is LARGER than the model!   :o

It really is 1/72 though, the Midget Mustang is only 15 ft long.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Whilst looking for something else I discover I have a BT-7 tank model. No idea who's as it's unboxed but it appears to be in "wargames scale". So maybe a racing tank as they were fast tanks after all  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.