Racing/Competition GB ideas (get a jump on your competitors)

Started by jcf, September 22, 2018, 11:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 30, 2018, 10:44:12 AM

The White Triplex took the brutal approach with three Liberty V-12s.

Following the good old American approach of 'There Ain't No Substitute For Cubic Inches!'  ;D  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 30, 2018, 02:03:40 PM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 30, 2018, 10:44:12 AM

The White Triplex took the brutal approach with three Liberty V-12s.

Following the good old American approach of 'There Ain't No Substitute For Cubic Inches!'  ;D  :thumbsup:

"No replacement for displacement" is how most of us colonialists say it 😀
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

jcf

Bearing in mind that in the context of this GB, as determined by Fred and meself,
any sort of competition is fair game it need not be limited to the types of
machines most usually build, howabout a Gundam Olympics or Decathlon?
Javelin and discus are easy as they fit the already exisiting military theme of the
genre, but how would you pose a Gundam for the long jump, or even more hilarious,
the hurdles?
Of course, for shot-put a Zaku is the only viable choice.  ;D

Then of course there are bio-mechanoid versions of familiar competitive sports,
like Syd Mead's giant bio-mech race "horses".

Nothing is too outrĂ© for this GB as long as it's somehow competitive.  :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

Personally, I have been thinking for a while of a Star Wars Pod Racer. Ep. 1 might have been hilarious, but at least there's a racing theme with potential in it.  ;)

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Steel Penguin

solar sail racing yacht.  just need a sliver skinned umbrella and a lot of greeblies
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

perttime

PR19_Kit

That looks a tad Colani inspired, which is all to the good,
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

strobez

Thanks!

Greg

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

perttime

PR19_Kit

While digging in The Loft for some cars and stuff to build my 'Racing Team' for this GB I've found all SORTS of lovely 1/24 stuff I'd forgotten I had.  :thumbsup:

You non-car guys probably won't have a clue what I'm on about but some will I'm sure.

One was an original IMC 'Little Red Wagon' kit, and it looks perfect too, amazing. I also found TWO Lotus 56 turbine car kits and a repro version of the same kit as well. And a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud II!!!!  :o ;D ;)

I wonder if I should build the last one as an Altered with a big GMC blower sticking out through the bonnet and the exhausts poking out under the doors?  ;D

RR would probably sue me though.  ;D

Regards
Kit

jcf

Good stuff.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
As to R-R, hehehe, well I'm ratrodding an Italeri 1/24th Bugatti Royale.  :wacko:

Steel Penguin

Kit the RR sounds  divine  :thumbsup:  It would through a lot of people sideways, as everyone know the kind of variations that some of the Rolls`s were subject too  :wacko:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!