Yes
24 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

The Wooksta!

Deleted

Mairfrog

Absolutely! It's just the sort of thing we should be doing. Let's get fahzands ov 'em (as Michael Caine would say) on the site.  B)

The models should be judged on only one requirement: Which one looks the coolest.  ^_^

How about a 1965 Airfix version covered in rivets and raised panel lines? Not sure how to add raised panel lines though.  :unsure:

TsrJoe

yip cool idea Lee, count me in for that one...hmmm just thinking...im glad Airfix never did one back in days of old...means we'd probably never get a 'modern' standard kit... as Simon says...rivets and raised panel lines (itd probably be wayy inaccurate too based on what info was avaliable at that time!)...still The plaudits dont all go to Airfix...the first injection moulded one was by Marx, a pretty good attempt too for its time...followed years later by Merlin, hmmm, enough said, chuckle...

happy modelling... :ph34r:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Geoff_B

QuoteFinal entries for the contest must be in by Dec 1 2005. Even if the release dates slip (as Airfix are wont to do) that gives at least a month or two to finish a model.

Overall Idea is good Lee, but the closing date is too soon, don't forget Oct/Nov is usually taken up with Telford projects plus as you say Airfix are known for slippage so even we may be pushed to produce one. The big factor will be that with UK demand aur overseas buddies don't stand a chance of seeing them before chrimbo 2005 unless they get them via us lot .

As a group build i think Tom would insist on a Easter 06 finish rather than Nov 05.

Overwise count me in  :D .

Cheers

Geoff

Captain Canada

Sounds good to me !

At first I thought " oh good, it'll get me motivated to finish my resin job " ( thanks Thor ! )

But I'll be more than happy to grab an Airfix kit for the build. Then I can do her CDN, as my Resin will be a real one.

Cheers !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TsrJoe

yeah looked at the one for sale at the nats...must admit i was tempted...i started the one i have years ago, one of the first out of the moulds (it actually looks as tho a reasonable model couldv been made from it!)
im currently looking for another unbuilt specimen, still boxed to photograph as part of a kit rundown (another is a rumoured us. vacuform kit???) any help would be most appreciated?

happy modelling, cheers, joe

hmmm...an idea from Geoff (Thorvik) is to modify one of the old Marx 72 scale toys into what Airfix mightv produced back in the 60's...hmmm...as Lee (Wooksta) says ...Then you need to turn the flaps onto the wings into movable surfaces, remove any detail internally. Replace bang seats with the abortions found in the Airfix Lightning (x 2) - the pilot will come in handy too. The wheels should be binned and some old shirt buttons used as replacements. Alternatively, bin the u/c and make sure the doors have big gaps around them and fit the model onto a 60s Airfix stand.

hehehe..might confuse a few folks around the shows...that reminds me...wheres dads extra long inaccurate wooden one from the 60's...
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

nev

Yes!  Yes!  and thrice Yes!!!

My only comments are

1)  Why limit it to just one entry?  We've all seen each others resin kits.  The more the merrier I say.

2)  
QuoteThe models should be judged on only one requirement: Which one looks the coolest.

:cheers:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Hobbes

Quotea kit rundown (another is a rumoured us. vacuform kit???) any help would be most appreciated?
Have you seen this one?
1:144 TSR model
kit review
It's from Starr Miniatures/Paul Gold. The above are the only two links I've been able to find...

Supertom

A TSR.2 group build would be a great idea, since it's something most of us are big fans of.  As for the resin TSRs, how about we split it into "Resin" and "Injected" categories?  The resin ones I've heard are a lot harder, so it'll give you guys some recognition for your foolishess - ah I mean efforts.  ^_^  
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Ollie

Good idea!

Rule #3 : - it has to have maple leaf roundels!  :D

Oh wait, that's not fair!   :dum:  :dum:  

Captain Canada

QuoteGood idea!

Rule #3 : - it has to have maple leaf roundels!  :D

Oh wait, that's not fair!   :dum:  :dum:
No, that's a good rule !

It needs to be a bit broader, tho, say, covering all a/c submitted to this site ?

:P

btw, which CDN example are you gonna do, Ollie ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

No idea!!

Probably one like the CF-104 in Europe being in camo, maybe one like a RCN bird (like your SeaArrow) and why not a special CF-104 tiger scheme???

Possibilities are endless.

Hey, another idea :

1960's Air Canada colours, used as a high-speed courrier plane just like the Mossie was used during the war!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Captain Canada

Probably one like the CF-104 in Europe being in camo, maybe one like a RCN bird (like your SeaArrow) and why not a special CF-104 tiger scheme???

Hey, that's exactly what I was thinking !

I'd like to do a 409 Squadron NORAD defender as well.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Well Toad, we can coordinate our builds so although they are wearing the same colours, they aren't from the same squadrons!

That ought to be wicked!

:cheers:

Great minds think alike!

:tornado:  

Scooterman

Oh sweet mother-YES I'M IN!!!   :wub:  :party:  :wub:  :party:

April deadline would be better for us US or at least North America modelers.  Lord knows when US distributers will get the bloody thing.