Started by The Wooksta!, December 16, 2004, 03:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yes
24 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Radish

Easter 06 sounds a good deadline......what's that about wishing your life away?
:P
Meanwhile, if it's early, we can all build as many as poss for the TSR2 SIG at the Telford Nats SMW05 in November.

Bulgarian? Bolivian? Israeli?

Bulgarian.....multi-tone splinter
Bolivian.......that lovely SEasian scheme, of course
Israeli......3-colour '70s camouflage with blue undersurfaces

:P  :P  :P  :P  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

lancer

YES YES YES!!!!!! Count me in as well.
Only one minor gripe though, I was planning on doing a Norwegian one, but I'll change that to a FInninsh one.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Swamphen

Aye, mebbie by then I'll actually have the toys...er, stuff I need to build things!

Here's what my entry will probably be...

...a BAC Phoenix S.71 of the Royal Mozambican Aerospace Force in Operation Desert Storm.  :dum:

Martin H

QuoteOh sweet mother-YES I'M IN!!!   :wub:  :party:  :wub:  :party:

April deadline would be better for us US or at least North America modelers.  Lord knows when US distributers will get the bloody thing.
Providing Airfix get it on the shelves on time, im sure we can sort u out with one  ;)  :D  
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

nev

Lee, I think that as long as there is a "no previously finished models" rule and all entries are new builds then its not a problem.

I also like the idea of having a seperate resin & IM GBs and I think the resin one should finish before the Airfix kit comes out.  After all, who is going to build that resin monster once the Airfix kit is available?  Should we also make it open to the Dynavector vacform?  I'm assuming some of us here have that in the stash.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

Quoteflaming hot monster munch!
:wub:  :wub:

Well, you got that bit right  :wub:

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

P1127

Worrying news chaps - Steve Lord (Airfix MD) says:

Can I also inform you that the TSR.2 is a strictly limited edition only and our initial forecasts show that demand is going to be high so pre-ordering could avoid disappointment

Wonder what limited edition means - MPM style moulds?
It's not an effing  jump jet.

nev

WHAT??????????????????????????????????????????

This had better not be a wind up.

Actually, it better had be a wind up, as a limited edition kit is barmy.  

"Demand will be high"  Well build a full production run you muppetts!!!!!  :angry:  

P1127

QuoteWHAT??????????????????????????????????????????

This had better not be a wind up.

Actually, it better had be a wind up, as a limited edition kit is barmy. 

"Demand will be high"  Well build a full production run you muppetts!!!!!  :angry:
Read all about it!

News from Planet Hull
It's not an effing  jump jet.

nev

*sigh*

What are they thinking?  The entire UK aircraft modelling population has gone crazy over this announcement.  When there is a 3 page thread in the jets section of ARC listing everyones ideas for what they want to build, then you know you are onto a winner.  Anything not about the F-14, 16 or 18 rarely lasts more than a day there.

Best get that order into Hannants eh?

Geoff_B

QuoteBest get that order into Hannants eh?

Erm Yeap

Trouble is you need to order an instock item to pre-order and advanced item using the on-line system, and it must meet the miniumum order value as well. Phone orders are no problem however.

We'll try and confirm what is meant by limited release as soon as we can next year, it may be a ploy to raise pre-orders or it could be a limited production run of say 10,000 just to ensure they break even. If demand outstrips supply then i'm pretty sure they will need to fire off a 2nd batch (If they can.....)

Cheers

Geoff B  B)

Captain Canada

Sounds like a ploy to me as well, maybe the guy who put his neck on the line to produce it started it !

But if it's true, than we really have to allow resin jobs in the group build !

Cheers !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?