Super Stretch DC8

Started by PR19_Kit, September 27, 2018, 05:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 05, 2018, 07:48:30 AM

Lovely - I wonder if it has an extra tail wheel like the Il-62? Just in case...  ;)

;D The 'standard' Stretch 8s, the -61s and -63s, as well as the later -71s and 73s, had a tail bumper, which is included in the kit. The shorter -62s and -72s didn't use it, so I've left it off my Calder 8 model.

Naturally the Super Stretch has a heavy duty tail bumper...........  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Glenn Gilbertson

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 05, 2018, 10:03:11 AM

Made from Unobtanium I bet....

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Steel Penguin

another top notch job Kit  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

zenrat

You'd need it if you seated the rear passengers first.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Nice one Kit - very smart paint job!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on November 05, 2018, 04:17:42 PM

Aer Turas never actually carried passengers as such, they were an all cargo airline.

Mind you, their main 'cargo' were race horses so perhaps they WERE 'passengers' after all.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

I don't want to even think about the wing-loading on that thing but it looks great, Kit! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 06, 2018, 01:29:44 AM

I don't want to even think about the wing-loading on that thing but it looks great, Kit! :thumbsup:

Hehehehe, it always amazed me that Douglas used the same wing on the long Series 61s and 63s as on the shorter Series 62s. But if it's good enough for them...............  ;D

Regards
Kit

major

That is a cracking job!  :thumbsup:
Was kinda wondering, what started out as something that looked like a half a broom handle.... ;D
It just looks 'right'.
Fantastic job on the paint and decals.
(Still cant see the joins! ;D)

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on November 04, 2018, 10:42:32 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 04, 2018, 06:24:07 AM
Quote from: Tophe on November 04, 2018, 06:10:09 AM
No need! Wheels on a whif plane may be oblique to the ground, this is more dreamy! ;D ;)
Yeah, right, but I have my limits.............
I thought of an asymmetric craziness:
(...)
But I love your 4+3 asymmetry too! :thumbsup: :wub:
Your brand new asymmetry is now part of the History (of asymmetric aircraft), see at the (temporary) end of my site http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/Asymm_addition.htm
Thanks! :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 05, 2018, 10:19:21 PM
Quote from: zenrat on November 05, 2018, 04:17:42 PM

Aer Turas never actually carried passengers as such, they were an all cargo airline.

Mind you, their main 'cargo' were race horses so perhaps they WERE 'passengers' after all.  ;D ;)

Did they just transport horses or race them from one end of the fuselage to the other!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

TheChronicOne

Check this out..... if they're up around Mach .98 or whatever in the SSDC-8 and the horces race from front to back and acheive 25mph that would mean we have super sonic horses!!  ;D

This poses an interesting question about the speed of sound.. I know it's relative to certain factors and but if you're in a plane going Mach .99999  and a MLB pitcher throws a ball at 100 MPH from the rear of the aircraft to the front, would it not be in excess of the speed of sound? Does it make a sonic boom? (I doubt it and the answer would be "no", but it's fun to think about!) I'm thinkin that it's all relative. The speed of the ball relative to the air inside the plane is only 100MPH so doesn't do anything, yet, "technically" we have a super sonic pitch.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 07, 2018, 02:50:02 AM
Check this out..... if they're up around Mach .98 or whatever in the SSDC-8 and the horces race from front to back and acheive 25mph that would mean we have super sonic horses!!  ;D

This poses an interesting question about the speed of sound.. I know it's relative to certain factors and but if you're in a plane going Mach .99999  and a MLB pitcher throws a ball at 100 MPH from the rear of the aircraft to the front, would it not be in excess of the speed of sound? Does it make a sonic boom? (I doubt it and the answer would be "no", but it's fun to think about!) I'm thinkin that it's all relative. The speed of the ball relative to the air inside the plane is only 100MPH so doesn't do anything, yet, "technically" we have a super sonic pitch.  ;D

Thinking about relativity always makes my head hurt.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Dealing with relatives always makes my head hurt. Oh wait...   ;D   

Speaking of relatives and other humans, I wonder how many -people- have gone to the back of a plane at just below mach 1, and ran to the front to say they ran faster than the speed of sound! Insane Bolt ain't got nothin' on that!
-Sprues McDuck-