Convair A-41 Viking

Started by TomZ, September 29, 2018, 11:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Convair A-41 Viking

The Vultee A-41 first flew in 1944. In a competition with the Douglas AD Skyraider and Martin AM Mauler the A-41 came out as the winner. The first production A-41, now called Viking, was delivered in December 1946. In all 3.200 were built for both the US Air Force and the US Navy.

The Viking was also delivered to a large number of other countries. The last Viking was retired in 1985.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

JayBee

OK Tom, an  absolutely brilliant bit of modelling, as usual, but please what all has it been made from?  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

TomZ

Quote from: JayBee on September 29, 2018, 11:23:40 AM
OK Tom, an  absolutely brilliant bit of modelling, as usual, but please what all has it been made from?  :thumbsup:
Not that complicated: Anigrand 1/72 kit  <_<

TomZ

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

I've got this kit in the stash, never thought about it in this scheme.

Well done  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Wow that is an ugly brute. Well done! Like the markings. Looks like the front windscreen was nicked from an Avenger.

What is the spine all about?   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

b29r

Beautifully done Tom, your Viking is super sharp.  Always good to see these late war designs.  Love the camo finish!
Best regards,
Kem

Tophe

Thanks: I have been inspired into creating an A-41Z (Twin-Viking?) at www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,20326.4455.html
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TomZ

Quote from: Tophe on October 03, 2018, 12:48:38 AM
Thanks: I have been inspired into creating an A-41Z (Twin-Viking?) at www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,20326.4455.html
Wow, the single one is already a very large aircraft. Just imagine a twin one....

TomZ

Dizzyfugu

Cool, and the SEA scheme suits the tank(er) pretty well!  :thumbsup:

Weaver

Wow - not often I see a plane I've never heard of these days! Nice one! :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Ah Brill, NOW I can see it! What a wonderful device, most impressive.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit