Spot On Designs, Odds and SODS.. Noses, radome, exhausts, etc now available

Started by chickadee, October 17, 2018, 02:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on October 20, 2018, 09:42:52 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on October 20, 2018, 07:24:17 AM
Quote from: kerick on October 19, 2018, 11:06:09 PM
I can't imagine the aircraft being able to fly with that monster hanging underneath.  :o :o

Doesn't look much different to the EC-121 under fuselage radome for size to me ---

Saw one of these at the Glasgow show to-day and I would agree it looks about the same size as the EC-121 belly radome.

But did you see any Predators?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I'd go with that, and a bit more aerodynamic too.  The bigger problem would be fitting the equipment and operators into the Vulcan's cramped cabin.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on October 20, 2018, 11:34:32 AM

I'd go with that, and a bit more aerodynamic too.  The bigger problem would be fitting the equipment and operators into the Vulcan's cramped cabin.

They could either go in the bomb bay, like the EB-47s, or in the nose where the original radar went.

OK, so those areas would need to be pressurised, but that'd be just a mere detail.  ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 20, 2018, 11:38:31 AM
Quote from: Mossie on October 20, 2018, 11:34:32 AM

They could either go in the bomb bay, like the EB-47s, or in the nose where the original radar went.

OK, so those areas would need to be pressurised, but that'd be just a mere detail.  ;D ;D

Now that I have a skid load of Airfix Nimrods, I had been wondering about what to do with the AiM vacuform kit I have. I came up with an idea what to do with it though. The idea is to use the fuselage instead of a Vulcans, I will adapt the Vulcan cockpit fairing/windshield and the forward fuselage in front of it to fit on top of the Nimrod fuselage ( the Vulcan fuselage became surplus to requirements on my Avro Atlantic project). I'll use the rear radome off the Vulcan and the fin too, the wings will be as the Vulcan B.2 but with some new inner engine section I'm working out how to make. Then alongside and on the bottom of the pannier I'll fit some long but not very wide flat bits of styrene card to represent the huge side-looking radar scanners the Brits were developing. The idea is the operators would then be in a larger fuselage.

Now this new radome of Spot-On's opens up another possibility ----- hmm! think on this I will --   ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike